HDMI Out Not Working after Android 4.3 Upgrade
vtjon

My HDMI out with an MHL cable is no longer working after the most recent updates to Android 4.3. Is anybody else having this same problem? I am trying to avoid a factory reset if possible. Ideas?

0 Likes
Re: HDMI Out Not Working after Android 4.3 Upgrade
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We appreciate you bringing this to our attention, vtjon. We want to help you avoid a factory reset if at all possible.  I haven't seen or heard of any other reports of this particular problem. Do you get an error when you connect?
Can you let me know if it works in Safe Mode http://vz.to/15rkFOi?

TamaraH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
vtjon

I tried it in Safe Mode and it still does not work. It does not show any error messages. Previously, when you connected the cable, it would say "HDMI Connected" at the bottom. However, nothing shows and there are no visible changes.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

vtjon,

Thank you for trying those steps for us. We certainly want to make sure that you are able to use your device as you standardly did before. Are you having any other issues with connection, as in your charger? Although you may not be enthusiastic about doing a hard reset, I have seen amazing results from it to help with issues related to the 4.3 update. I too have the S4 and was originally having problems after the update. I made sure all my phone info was backed up and did a reset. It helped my phone tremendously. Now I have no connection issues with any cord and all other associated issues are gone. I would suggest that you try this as there are limited options to resolve a connection issue. Most to all info is backed up via google so you should have no problem restoring all info on your phone. Here are the steps http://vz.to/1dJ9CFH. Let us know if you still do not want to go this route.

Thank you,

TonyG_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
vtjon

I did a factory reset and this did not solve the problem. Is there anyway to roll back to 4.2?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

There is NO official rollback method to the Android 4.2.2 OS version.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes