HELP!!
teach2

I just got my Galaxy S4 and trying to connect it to my computer to download some music but it keeps saying the usb has malfunctioned. I downloaded the driver and it worked for a little while and then quit. I download Keis and ran the troubleshooting but still no luck. Unistalled and reinstalled driver returned phone to factory settings and tried again and still no luck. Now it's not even showing there's a malfunction, now nothing at all happens except my phone charges. I've been dealing with this for several hours .....ugh!!

0 Likes
Re: HELP!!
B33
Legend

You might give this a Try on your Computer the Driver you Downloaded if you Got CC cleaner Run the Uninstall to Uninstall the Driver once that is done Go to Registry on CC and Run a Scan for Issues if any Clear it. Close CC then Restart your Computer After that is Done) 

Take your Phone and Run a Power Cycle on it.. then  Start your Computer let it fully load up Reconnect and Reload the Driver see if doing that Fixes the Issue) Let me know how it turns out i'll be on here for a While..

0 Likes
Re: HELP!!
Not applicable

Are we talking the usb mass storage on the phone is not functioning or on the computer?

if on the phone go into settings and under usb set it for usb mass storage. then reconnect and see if that fixed the problem.

if on the computer many times the usb ports get a little goofy. First turn off your computer, then wait a few minutes and power it back on. After it is back up and functional it is best to use a different usb port on your computer. Some computers have assigned more juice to one usb port over others. On one of my laptops the back ports are usb 3.0 and the three side ones are usb 2.0 (personally usb ports are backward compatible but don't work at the higher speed unless you have those higher speed rated devices) a new cell phone may run great on 2.0 but not on 3.0 or not at all on usb 1.0 so try different usb ports.

Let me know if you get it working.

Good Luck

0 Likes