HOW turn on/setup Incoming Caller ID?
DavePinMInn
Enthusiast - Level 2

Galaxy S5 on Verizon.  I did a search and didn't find anything in here - which usually means I'm not searching right! 

In any case, as things evolve, we're using our cell phone more and more.  And getting more calls from people not in our contact list.  I"m certain it's trivial, but for the life of me, I haven't figured out how to get the S5 to display incoming call information...  So, HOW do I set up this phone so I can see who's calling?  I figure if it works on the 10-year-old home land line it HAS to work on the cell, but?

And if it's intuitively obvious to everybody else, can you give me clear, idiot-proof instructions so I don't feel dumber than I already do.

thanks,

0 Likes
Re: HOW turn on/setup Incoming Caller ID?
Snn5
Legend

Numbers should display unless blocked.  Names only show if you have that caller in your contacts list or use a caller ID app.  You can subscribe to Verizon's Caller ID, or use a free service via free app in the Play Store.

0 Likes
DavePinMInn
Enthusiast - Level 2

Any recommendations for a GOOD, free one?  I'm not interested in paying Verizon any more than they're already costing.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

WhitePages ID, Mr Number, Call Control, Phone Warrior, Contactive, many.

0 Likes
DavePinMInn
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks.  I'll take a look at some of those and see if any stick out as significantly superior!