Re: Has Nougat Update for Galaxy S7 Edge broken wifi?
m1dget
Enthusiast - Level 1

After troubleshooting on my own for a bit (including resetting network setting, rebooting my phone and the router, etc.), I called tech support.  The rep had no knowledge of this being a known issue and after walking me through a couple of the same things that I had done, said that a factory reset was the only next step.  Ugh!  It did resolve the issue, but at a huge cost to me in terms of my time to get everything setup again.  Interestingly, the factory reset does not uninstall Nougat.  It removes all of your data, apps, etc., but Nougat is still there.  I hope that there are no other issues lurking that I have not yet found.

Most frustrating though is that the rep that I worked with seemed unconcerned that there is a trend of people with this issue.  He is confident that the way that they code the calls will allow identification of the issue if there is a common issue across the same type of device.  I asked that he please escalate this so that someone can look into whether there is a common theme without having to wait for it to be identified by their automated processes (clearly it hasn't been already within the last week), but he didn't think that was necessary.  Verizon will wish otherwise when this update gets out to a wider audience and more and more of their customers have this problem and begin flooding their stores and calling.

SterekX
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the same issue but im wondering if some of y'all are having your S7's die at like 20 percent battery. Its the craziest thing ever and i keep restarting my phone but it doesn't fix it.

JeffACastro
Enthusiast - Level 1

I ended up doing a factory reset as a fix for this issue was not coming soon.  Has pretty well settled for me that I will return to iPhone when I am eligible for upgrade, as I never had an iOS upgrade that forced me to reset my phone.  Issue is not Samsung specific as I have read of the same issue for LG and even for stock Android on a Pixel.

LEWJR1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I can confirm that doing a FACTORY RESET has corrected the issue. Wifi is back online

Galaxy S7 Edge G935VVRU4BQA2 (Nougat) updated 3/12/2017

barietta
Enthusiast - Level 1

Check your phone for an updated release (Settings, System Updates).  Verizon (who called Samsung) insisted it was NOT a known issue and would NOT allow me to submit it as an issue.  But magically, 24 hours later, a release fixed the issue. I am glad I didn't do the factory reset.

m1dget
Enthusiast - Level 1

Now that mine is working post factory reset, I am afraid to do another

update.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks so much for sharing this information, barietta.

This issue was addressed by SU2 Software Version: G935VVRU2APB5. The software update will be available to users on 3/25/2016. Please upgrade the device and retest.

TamaraH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
ikeeki320
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm just curious, why are you telling someone to install an update from a year ago and addresses an issue with Marshmallow? If that person now had Nougat installed, what good would that do? Shouldn't the 2APB5 update be included with the 4BQA4 update currently being rolled out (or even the previous 4API3 update)?

kutac1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I was pushed the update G930VVRUBQA4 on 3/30 - it trashed my WiFi.

WiFi connects but just toggles on and off.  When it toggles off it freezes running Apps (like YouTube for example)

Support had me clear cache, reset man settings, reset phone but didn't help.  I was then told the only fix was factory reset.  I am really [Removed] about this.

So sounds like a 3/25 date does not have a fix

inappropriate content removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

PrTBrownT
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks! Smiley Happy

0 Likes