Has Samsung or Verizon released the software patch to fix the issues with the Oreo release on the S7?
UofPitt99
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have been waiting on updating to Oreo until the patch is released.  I was told (on a Verizon chat), a few months ago, that there was a patch/fix in the works.

The issue with waiting for working software is that I have not been able to get the security patches...

I was burned with a previous software update on an older samsung phone, and I'm hesitant to allow it to happen again.

0 Likes
Re: Has Samsung or Verizon released the software patch to fix the issues with the Oreo release on the S7?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The latest update was released on 11/16/2018.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

Re: Has Samsung or Verizon released the software patch to fix the issues with the Oreo release on the S7?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Samsung Galaxy S7 Software Update | Verizon Wireless

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
UofPitt99
Enthusiast - Level 2

Ann,

That link shows the last update (system update 26) was the monthly security patch.  I'm looking for the update to fix all of the Oreo issues I keep reading about.  Thanks.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

How do you know the security patch didn't include any bug fixes?

UofPitt99
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm not 100% sure, but I would think the description would say more than "monthly security patch" if there were bug fixes.  I would think Verizon would want people to know they are actually trying to fix the issues with the Oreo release.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Verizon Wireless relies on Android/Google to post the specific changes to the security updates.

Here is the link to the November security updates. You can use it to find the specific to the update you are looking at. https://source.android.com/security/bulletin/

0 Likes
RYAHEN89

No, it hasn't been fixed. And Samsung hasn't said they will fix it.  I wish I hadn't updated my S7, as I have to charge it in the afternoon now.  It can drain 8-12% per hour just sitting on the counter all day.  Google maps is sluggish too.  Motivating me to buy a new phone that is not from Samsung.

0 Likes