Has anyone received the promotional Gear VR for ordereing the S8
Mike1944

I preordered the Samsung S8 at the local Verizon store on April 14.  I received my phone via FEDEX on April 20, got it registered later that day, and had my order for the $99 bundle confirmed on April 22.  I have an order number and I can track the order, but it is still listed as "Processing."  I've seen comments that those who have Verizon as their carrier but preordered directly with Samsung have already received their promotional package.

0 Likes
Re: Has anyone received the promotional Gear VR for ordereing the S8
LADRNC
Enthusiast - Level 2

I got my gear vr today from fed ex. I preordered on the first day of pre order through Verizon and received my phone on the 19th. When I checked on the Samsung app after registering it said it was accepted. Then got email saying it was shipped but Samsung app still said processing and still does after getting it.

0 Likes
KellyArens
Contributor - Level 3

I received an email that my registration was accepted and that I would receive them within 4-6 weeks.

0 Likes
SPC05

I have not but was informed that it would take from 6 to 8 weeks.

0 Likes
curque
Enthusiast - Level 3

Preordered on the 3/30 got phone on 4/19 completed registration same day, it was accepted. Got email 4/24 saying vr shipped expected delivery date 4/29

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Mike1944,

Getting that premium bundle is vital. I order the same one myself. According to Samsung, the submission approval may take up to an additional 2 weeks. Then you will receive, from Samsung, the free Samsung VR bundle within 6-8 weeks. In some cases it may not take that long and in other cases it will take the full 8 weeks.

NicoleT_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
theonlyintrepid

no ordered on 4-20 nothing yet chatted with 4 online helpers..called samsung always re-routed to promotions    wait time 1.5hrs+

currentlly on phone with samsung today    probably should have stuck with motorola as i ran over mine with a jeep renegade in otter case  not a scratch...s8 is very very fragile slick as ice..just a warning..mine drops verizon programming at will..have to switch between turbo and s8 constantly glad i still have turbo.also the app may not recognize wifi mac address or imeid....just anote.keep calling keep all records of order and phone info

0 Likes