Re: Has anyone received their free Gear VR or S2 from Samsung Promotions yet?
jrh0828
Contributor - Level 1

I received my S2 on Friday, 4-8.  FYI for new S2 users.  Unless you want to use the watch as a phone and pay VZW $5 a month, when the 'activate' window opens when you turn the phone one, touch the 'X' and enjoy.

wheelswagz
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well my status finally changed today.  From "estimated ship date of 4.1.2016" to "your gift has been processed and is currently in route".  But I've received no email or tracking number or anything yet.  This is for Gear VR.

0 Likes
tq802
Enthusiast - Level 3

I went with the Gear S2 and my status changed to say the same thing today: Congratulations! Your submission has been approved and your gift has been processed and is currently in route

0 Likes
holmes0105

I signed up for the Gear VR and my shipping date was set for 4/1/16. Yesterday my status finally changed to- Congratulations! Your submission has been approved and your gift has been processed and is currently in route.

But still no tracking information.

0 Likes
wheelswagz
Enthusiast - Level 2

yea, I'm beginning to think they changed this for everyone since their estimated shipping dates were causing so many questions for their support people.  If it really had been processed and sent out yesterday like our statuses say, I would have expected tracking info at least overnight.  But nada.  Figure I will give it a couple days yet, then start bothering them again Smiley Happy

0 Likes
Aggieman

I received the Gear S2 yesterday and received the tracking number the moment it delivered 

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

On Thu, Apr 14, 2016 at 3:13 PM, wheelswagz<forums@verizonwireless.com> wrote:

|

|

|

A message from the Verizon Wireless Community

|

| |

Has anyone received their free Gear VR or S2 from Samsung Promotions yet?

created by wheelswagz in Samsung Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge - View the full discussion

yea, I'm beginning to think they changed this for everyone since their estimated shipping dates were causing so many questions for their support people.  If it really had been processed and sent out yesterday like our statuses say, I would have expected tracking info at least overnight.  But nada.  Figure I will give it a couple days yet, then start bothering them again

Reply to this message by replying to this email -or- go to the message on Verizon Wireless Community

Start a new discussion in Samsung Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge by email or at Verizon Wireless Community

|

|

© 2014 Verizon Wireless

Verizon Wireless

One Verizon Way

Mail Code: 180WVB

Basking Ridge, NJ 07920

Not interested in these emails anymore, or want to change how often they come? Update your email preferences by visiting https://community.verizonwireless.com/user-preferences!input.jspa.

|

We respect your privacy. Please review our privacy policy for more information

about click activity with Verizon Wireless and links included in this email.

|

|

|

0 Likes
holmes0105

they changed my status from "currently in route" to "Congratulations! Your submission has been approved and we are currently processing your gift for delivery." They clearly don't have a clue.

This is for the Gear VR

0 Likes
Minivipr

I had a ship date of 4/30 but now my ship date has been changed to pending. I had my submission into Samsung before the revision date of the terms and service but apparently I am now falling into the category of screw you I will send out your Gear S2 at some point in time this year (maybe).

0 Likes
JamesSantaRosaCA
Enthusiast - Level 2

Count me in as one more person who had a status of 'April 1 ship date' (since March 25) that has been changed back to 'Congratulations! Your submission has been approved and we are currently processing your gift for delivery.' I submitted 1st day possible (March 11th) and live in California. I'm waiting on the Gear VR.

0 Likes
wheelswagz
Enthusiast - Level 2

My status still says the same today.  However, last night I received an email from FedEx Delivery Manager saying I had a delivery coming on Tuesday.  It is from something which says - BRIGHTPOINT C/O TIME WARNER TRAFFIC DEPARTMENT.  I googled this, and this is supposed to be a distribution center for wireless providers.  And the forum which told me this said that this is where they received their Gear VR from.  So hoping Tuesday!

0 Likes