Re: Has anyone received their free Gear VR or S2 from Samsung Promotions yet?
tq802
Enthusiast - Level 3

I received mine about a week and a half ago. I never received a tracking number and even after it was delivered, my status still showed pending. But one random day it showed up. I registered around March 9th as well.

0 Likes
djomoff10
Enthusiast - Level 2

What day did it get approved?  I think it has a lot to do with that. Mine took 4 weeks just to get approved. I am hoping it just shows up one day soon like I have read from others too and yourself.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@moffitt10
I know this has been a lengthy process. Please keep in mind that the devices are being shipped from Samsung not Verizon. If you like you can reach Samsung at 1-800-726-7864
(1-800-SAMSUNG) for a status update. Your continued patience is appreciated.

AnthonyM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
dmt98239

Yes, I have received 2 of the 4 that are due to me.  Two I choose the "send me a code" option and already received them - the other 2 I choose the "send me the googles" option and have yet to receive them. 

0 Likes
VitoHGrind

Received this email over the weekend with the title "Activate your Gear S2" from Samsung Promotions.

Congratulations on your new Samsung Gear S2! After you receive your product in the

mail, don't forget to activate it. Get the most out of your Samsung Gear S2. Enjoy

connectivity that lets you call, text, email and receive notifications directly from your

wrist-even when your phone isn't close at hand.

I assume this means that the watches should be close to being shipped.  Did anyone else receive the email?

0 Likes
djomoff10
Enthusiast - Level 2

I got that email 4 days ago - I am hoping it meant it shipped to

me...either that or it means we SHOULD have gotten them already. I do not

know which carrier it ships thru but I have been anxiously waiting every

day.

Seal903
Enthusiast - Level 1

I received that email on may 5th. I pre ordered mine and received my phone on March 9th. I also submitted my information for the gear s2 that day. It's may 14th and still nothing. C'mon Verizon and Samsung

0 Likes
dezidez87
Enthusiast - Level 1

At this point I'm incredibly frustrated with the while ordeal.

I submitted on Mar 14 and was approved I was told on March 16. Then I heard I was approved on April  14. But the email I got was cruelly on April 18. 8 weeks from my initial approval we this past Thursday. But oh wait. I don't have to wait 6-8 weeks from one approval, I need to wait for 6-8 weeks from 3 different levels of approval. Which is about Jun 10th.

Still don't buy any of that, because most of the agents I've spoke to have confirmed that my device is waiting at the fulfillment center since April 8... A week before it was approved on all 3 levels. Yep.

Makes all the sense.

This is such a mess.

0 Likes
akaivyleaf

Yes.  I received mine this past Wednesday May 11th.  I went through a number of different incidences, but at the end, the watch arrived and works.  At first I received notification that I would be receiving the VR which I DID NOT want, but things worked out through their system to send me what I ordered.  I had been waiting since March 8th.

0 Likes
Seal903
Enthusiast - Level 1

Is there anything you can recommend us doing to speed up the process? I haven't personally reached put to anyone at Verizon or Samsung.

0 Likes