Re: Has anyone received their free Gear VR or S2 from Samsung Promotions yet?
djomoff10
Enthusiast - Level 2

In my most recent conversation with PrizeLogic, they told me that since everything is done manually (from checking submissions to insure accuracy to packing and mailing out Offers) that it will take a while.  They told me that it will be 8 weeks from the date my submission was APPROVED NOT SUBMITTED.  In my case, there are 4 weeks between these dates.  It has been 10 weeks and 2 days since I have SUBMITTED my claim, and 6 weeks and 1 day since my submission was APPROVED.  SO this is my last straw - I am giving them til exactly 8 weeks from my approval date then I am going to blow up if my items are not received.  I upgraded and purchased 2 S7's only because of this offer; we were perfectly content with our S6's. Yes, it is a better phone on many levels, but I definitely could've held off.  I am simply fed up with Verizon, Samsung, and PrizeLogic's run around answers for all of this.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We always want our customers to have the best experience possible, MrTony_AL. I would like to apologize that was not your experience with the Samsung promotion. The Samsung promotion had an overwhelming response. So much so that Samsung, did make adjustments by extending out the promotion for those customers whose devices were delayed in shipping.
Please do not listen to what other people are saying online. Try to go back into your email and click on the link to see when your VR will ship. There have been delays and Samsung is working to fulfill the orders. Another thing you could try, is to reach out to Samsung directly at 888-987-4357.
We appreciate you as a customer and want you to be happy. I am sure as long as everything was processed properly and it sounds as if it was, you will receive your VR.

AllisonC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
djomoff10
Enthusiast - Level 2

So who has the actual control?? Is it Prizelogic or Samsung?  I have heard it both ways.  Obviously, Verizon will do everything they can to throw the blame at the other companies.

Swiftysnake
Enthusiast - Level 3

that is a bs and verizon knows it i submitted for my2 watches on 3/10 and people who submitted on the last day have already received them. everyone involved is pointing the finger at someone else. verizon says its not our promotion but they took my money. this was a crappy promotion and verizon knows it. I keep seeing them respond to people  on here with" we don't want you to have a bad experience " but don't offer any real help, here is samsung number then samsung says its a prizelogic promotion. then they tell you its brightpoint sending them. i dont care about the wait id just like someone to take some responsibility! iknow it doesn't matter to verizon but I will be leaving this company.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I can understand how frustrating it is to wait for a VR Gear, 77dragonphone. There was an overwhelming response to the Samsung promotion. Have you checked your claim status here? http://bit.ly/1XpVicY For more information you can also reach out to Samsung directly at 888-987-4357

AllisonC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
ncterry
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am also still waiting for my S2 to arrive from the promotion.  I think I submitted it on 3/11 but I got the email on 3/22 saying it would be shipped in April.  It then went to 5/1/16 and now has been saying 5/8 for weeks.  It's now 5/22 and still no S2.  I have contacted Samsung and Prizelogic as well and their answers are just unacceptable.  The last I was told by Prizelogic is that they cannot give any updates or a ship date since they are shipped in batches, but if I signed for alerts on FedEx they would notify me when it is shipped.  That is a bunch of BS.  I could have easily gone to the store and purchased it just to have it by now and they don't seem to be trying to get them to us within the specified time frames because "we didn't pay for them and they're part of the promotion"?  If I were to order one online today I could get it so I'm not understanding why they can't get them sooner.  I will find a higher up to file complaints with because from my calls and contact, the customer service has been horrible.  I would not dare tell a customer, oh I can't really help you but if you sign up for alerts with the shipping company they can let you know when its coming but we can't.  Just poor customer service all around from Verizon, to Samsung to Prizelogic.

jml000

Just wanted to add my name the list of people still waiting on the promotion.  I ordered a Gear VR.  My submission was approved March 23rd, and they said it would take 6-8 weeks to receive my headset.  My status says Shipping Date Estimate: 5/8/2016.  I still haven't received a tracking number.  I sent a screenshot of my status to Prizelogic.  They responded by telling me to check my status. 

0 Likes
Ansley123456
Enthusiast - Level 1

STILL WAITING ALSO. NO SHIPPING DATE AVAILABLE. I SPENT SO MUCH MONEY TO GET THIS. Verizon/prize logic/Samsung saying they had "no idea" so many would be interested, and they are "overwhelmed" is a load of crap

Hot steamy crap. They knew everyone would want a free 400 dollar item. Give me a break.  Thier price, is why no one is buying guide them, too much for a gimmick. And to add insult to injury, I hear they are ripping people off with 100 dollar coupons so they don't have to pony up Thier original promise.  Why can't Verizon just give me one off the shelf? There's a ton of them collecting dust at the store here. Please don't tell me you have 2 different inventories and the ones in the store don't count. Another load of crap. I bought your phone, now hold up your end! If one of us doesn't pay our bill, you shut our stuff off IMMEDIATELY.  I followed your prerequisites, I paid, I want what's due. There is no excuse for this. I would like a paper/certificate that allows me to take one from my local store. This phone cost me almost a grand. I will HAPPILY spend another grand to leave you and go with someone who keeps Thier promise. All Verizon does is say the word "contract"....everything is contract...how come it doesn't work both ways? The grief I went through just to get this phone in time, and on top of that, paying almost a grand for a color I HATE so I can be in time for the promo. You screwed us hard Verizon. No, it's not prize logics fault, not Samsung...it's YOURS. you made the offer and are unable to hold up your end. Unbelieveable.

Ansley123456
Enthusiast - Level 1

If I can't pay my bill, Verizon will happily suggest that I borrow the money or use a credit card...why can't you use your store inventory?