Re: Has anyone received their free Gear VR or S2 from Samsung Promotions yet?
Midnj321
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm in the same boat - registered ~3/9, approved a week or two later and still nothing.  I chose to keep my accounts with Verizon based on this offer but if/when I have free time I will entertain the competition on switching over.  There has been no reliable communication ever on this, and lots of finger pointing which you don't expect with Verizon & Samsung.

djomoff10
Enthusiast - Level 2

Was it shipped through FedEx, UPS, or Postal Service?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Midnj321 - I am so happy to hear you were approved for the Samsung Gear S2 promtotion. I apologize for the shipping delay. I am sure you will receive your Gear S2 shortly. We value your business and loyalty. We would be heart broken if you left us. Check out this link to get the status of your cliam. http://bit.ly/1VSBuOD

JacobV_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Midnj321
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yes, that site has already said it was shipped, then changed to in route, back to shipped and now back to approved shipping pending.

It's frustrating when you have no idea when a valuable item may or may not show up on your doorstep.

0 Likes
MrTony_AL
Enthusiast - Level 2

I bought an S7 on 3/16 from my local corporate store and specifically told the representative I wanted the Gear S2 promotion. He told me if I traded in my old phone, he'd give me a Gear S2 on the spot. Otherwise, I'd have to submit online for the free Gear S2.

I submitted on 3/16, got an email on 3/18 asking for a better copy of my receipt. Got an email on 4/27 saying that my submission was approved, but since I bought in-store, I would only get the VR. I called PrizeLogic and the rep said it was a mistake and that I was indeed slated for a Gear S2. I called the local store the same day and asked to speak to the manager. He was "in a meeting" and I was told he'd call me back. Guess who didn't call me back?

It's been 9 weeks now and I have no ship date or any other emails from them. I'm reading now that people are just being told by PrizeLogic that the terms and conditions have changed (doesn't seem right that their terms can change after the purchase, but ours can't) and some people may not receive anything at all!

I pulled a billing report from my Verizon account today. Between Apr 2015 and Apr 2016, my total Verizon purchases and payments amounted to $5071.73

I'm to the point that if this doesn't get resolved quickly, I'm cutting my losses and taking my 4 phone lines and smartwatch (original Gear S) line to another carrier. If you're willing to lose a customer who spends that much money over a $250 promotional device, then you don't deserve my business anyway.

Minivipr

So let me get this straight... You didn't buy your phone online like specifically stated is required in the promo... You were told you were going to get an s2 on the spot but walked out of the store with nothing in hand... And now you want to come on here and complain about not receiving a promo item that you do not qualify for?

0 Likes
MrTony_AL
Enthusiast - Level 2

No, apparently you don't have it straight....

First, I can "come on here and complain" or anything else - it's a forum. If you don't like it, choose a different one.

Second, I expect that what a Verizon representative tells me is truthful. Like a used car salesman, he had me out the door with a $700 phone on the assurance that the promotion was the same, in-store or online.

Third, your reading comprehension is slightly off - I was told I'd get an S2 on the spot IF I traded in my old phone, which I didn't want to do. Since I wouldn't trade in my phone, I was told I'd have to submit online and wait 4-6 weeks for it.

Fourth, for argument's sake, let's say that the rep lied (which he obviously did) and I DO qualify only for the VR. Fine...where the hell is my VR? It's been 9 weeks since I submitted, far outside of the 4-6 weeks stated in the promotion.

Let's be clear here. Verizon is THE most expensive cellular company out there. Verizon customers pay a premium because we expect quality service that exceeds other carriers. If you have a problem with premium-paying customers expecting to get what they were promised, then I'd only ask "who are you working for?"

A - Verizon

B- Samsung

C- PrizeLogic

D - BrightPoint

Interestingly enough, the Terms and Conditions of the promotion were changed AFTER the promotion ended. So Verizon/Samsung unilaterally changed the condition to give themselves an out to screw over promotion participants. The only way to make it right is to give everyone what they were promised, or to allow the return of purchased S7/Edge phones and reimburse customers for contract payments made on the devices.

It's not like people are complaining that they're not getting something for "free". The promotional "gifts" came with the catch of entering into a payment contract. Try returning your S7/Edge on the grounds that Verizon didn't honor their end of the deal. They'll laugh in your face because you're outside the 14 day return window. I think all anyone wants is for Verizon to make this right.

0 Likes
JM81

I agree with Midnj321!  This has been an absolute nightmare and Verizon has been no help whatsoever, and neither has Samsung. Its going on 10 weeks now with absolutely no word from anyone, and when you contact Samsung or Prizelogic you just get the same automated/canned response. I too will be exploring other carriers and manufacturers for all fututre purchases. In fact, with other carriers willing to cover ETF's theres no better time than the present!

Funny how two $100+ billion dollar companies are so eager to take our money but are nowhere to be found when you actually need service. Its disgusting.

0 Likes
jwagner506

It is May 20, 2016. When I check the status on the samsung.com/verizonpromotions.com and then get redirected to another page, I enter my email and still see the same remarks. Both of the gear vr headsets have an estimated shipping date of MAY 8, 2016. So I call and get routed to PrizeLogic representatives who give a cookie cutter, scripted answer....you'll get an email when they have shipped including a tracking number.

The CANNOT and WILL NOT commit to anything else. They will not give an inkling as to where they are in the manual process of shipping these promotional items.

They will, however, tell you to call back.. which I have done numerous times.

We have been with VERIZON for over 20 years! This is NO WAY to treat stable, reliable, loyal customers!!!!!

How can we get what we were promised? 

Has anyone received these alleged "prizes"?

0 Likes
77dragonphone
Enthusiast - Level 1

yes bought 2 phones in jan here it is May and still DO NOT HAVE the VR headset!!!

0 Likes