Have you have been scammed or lied to by a Verizon sales Rep?
DaleCal
Enthusiast - Level 1
  • On Jan 16, 2021 (approx 8pm), I called Verizon to add a line to of service. I was offered a promo (by Trevor N) to receive an I phone 12 with a huge discount. I only paid the difference ($200 approx) over 24 mos. Ok. Then I am told if I added a line I would receive a 2020-21 i phone se free of charge, no strings attached. I then brought the offer.  Apparently, there was some glitch in the system, he said it would be settled overnight. The model 12 I paid the taxes and such. The se could be ordered once the data plan upgrade had been systematized. The next day there was no notification of data upgrade. I called Verizon to follow up and I am told no data plan upgraded appeared in the system only the new order charge for the phone. Disappointed, the next rep and I walked thru upgrading the data to unlimited again ( of which the promo was based). After getting it done I am told there is a glitch in the system but it will go thru. Today I get confirmation that the data plan successfully upgraded. Now I can order the promo phone, I tho't. It took approximately 1 hr and being transferred to the third rep (Michael T 48180596) who told me there was no promo phone for additional line. At this point, I was done. I have been a customer for over 7 yrs and have been well respected. Today, feelings of being taken advantage of overwhelms me. Will we stay Verizon customers? 
Labels (1)
Re: Have you have been scammed or lied to by a Verizon sales Rep?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, DaleCal. You're truly valued to us, and we wouldn't want to lose you. It does worry us to hear of the problems experienced when trying to place the order, and we do apologize for this matter. We do want to make sure you have a good option for your new line, and we will do everything in our hands to help. We have sent you a Private Note to better assist with this matter. DavidR_VZW

0 Likes
SBMongoose
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've run into issues with support reps before as well. I check on features and if they will work when getting a new phone. Then after the fact I run into problems and am told something different. Very frustrating and it's been going on for years. I guess it helps their metrics. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

SBMongoose, we understand the importance of making sure you receive accurate information. We do want to make you aware that Verizon branded billing features are not supported on Open Development (OD) certified Open Market smartphones. This includes the following:

• Visual Voicemail (VVM)
  • LTE Video Calling
  • Enhanced Address Book
  • VoWiFi
  • Integrated Messaging
0 Likes