Having Problems With FIngerprint Unlock? One Approach...
EagleHL
Enthusiast - Level 1

Finger print unlock never worked well for first 8 days with S5. I would have to scan finger multiple times. And 1/3 the time, it just would not recognize my fingerprint, so I would have to enter the alternate password. But I really wanted it to work.

Solution... I started over and  created a new fingerprint, figuring I had created a bad unlock scan. This time, I did each of the 8 or so sample scans carefully and as much the same as possible. It made all the difference. Now, I can unlock it with the stroke of a finger every time.

Just go to Settings >Fingerprint> Fingerprint Manager and replace your finger print "key" with a better one. Its worth the effort to make a few attempts at this, because once you get a good one, the fingerprint unlock works like a charm almost every time, the first scan.

Also I discovered, I could do the index finger on my other hand since it stores up to 3 fingerprint unlock profiles. Just use the + button at the top of the fingerprint "You Can Register..." screen, to add another one.

(At one point, I suspected the high edges of the Otterbox Defender case was interfering with the placement of my finger over the scanner. But now it is not a problem after all)

0 Likes