Headphone jack not working. What should I do?
Relkin81

I have Samsung Galaxy S5 and the headphone jack is not working. I've tried other headsets and headphones. Even tried in-line cables.  Phone is not registering I've plugged anything in. It was working the last time I used it a week ago or so. Would appreciate some help.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Headphone jack not working
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Relkin81 Thank you for providing those details. 100 updates in 3 weeks sounds a bit extreme. We recommend  testing the device in Safe Mode to determine if any of the 3rd party applications have caused the headset jack to stop working. http://vz.to/1DZKnNL

SheritaHHH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Relkin81, I'd be lost if my head phone jack stopped working on my device. I want to make sure we get this back under control.  Is there any kind of physical or liquid damage to the phone? If you look in the headphone jack, do you see any kind of debris that could be causing the device not to reconinze the connection? Has there been any changes to your device over the past week? Please keep us posted.

KevinR_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Relkin81

There has been no physical or liquid damage. I don't see anything in the jack. Only thing that has changed is I have did my updates from the Google play store.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Relkin81 We’re glad to hear there isn’t any device damage. Let’s get your headset jack working again. Were the recent updates for multiple applications or was it an overall update for the Google Play Store?

SheritaHH_VZW
FoVZWwUpdtes Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answVZWSupportquestion please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Relkin81

It was recent updates for multiple applications.  I've had probably around 100 updates in the last 3 weeks. 

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE smartphone

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Relkin81 Thank you for providing those details. 100 updates in 3 weeks sounds a bit extreme. We recommend  testing the device in Safe Mode to determine if any of the 3rd party applications have caused the headset jack to stop working. http://vz.to/1DZKnNL

SheritaHHH_VZW

0 Likes
Relkin81

Ok, how do I run my phone in safe mode? And what are the steps to check for the issue?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Relkin81 No worries, we will get you the steps again in this link: http://vz.to/1DZKnNL 

Sherita H
Follow us on Twitter
VZWSUpoort

VZWoVZtresponse answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Relkin81

Ok, thank you. I'll work on it and let you know what happens. 

0 Likes