Hot Spot
Chvz

Is Verizon no longer capable of supporting a hot spot? I never had any trouble connecting or staying connected prior to the mythical 5G switch over. Now constant issues getting and staying connected.  I am within 2 miles of 2 towers. "Tech support" says my building is facing the wrong direction. The building hasn't changed direction since I've been here. 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Hot Spot
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry you are having problems connecting. We would love to look into this with you.  What zip code are you in? Can you connect the hotspot outside?-Joe

0 Likes
Chvz

I use the hot spot primarily to connect with my desktop and as I said I never had any issues until the switch to 5G. The difficulty connecting and staying connected has steadily gotten worse. My software is up to date, and I have reset the network settings multiple times.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

What is the make/model of your hotspot, Chvz? 

*Cheyenne

0 Likes
Chvz

Galaxy S215G

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

You are with the right team to help resolve the hotspot issues, Chvz. How does your device's mobile data work in the same spot you need the hotspot to work? Are there any other wireless connections available for you to test the desktop's connectivity, to be certain it is not an issue with that part of the connection? 

-George

0 Likes
Chvz

Hello George, I have no problems with my mobile data. I use the devices in the same location. My desktop software is always up to date. I have no other wireless connections. I have never needed another one. The hot spot has always worked very well until the switch to 5G.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi,

being connected with our loved ones is very important, I feel you. Kindly allow me the opportunity to work with you and find the best resolution. Please send us a private message, so we can get more details and fully assist you.

>Bris

0 Likes
Chvz

Hello Bris, I don't see any options for sending a private message.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Chvz, we are here to help! Can you please elaborate more? Is this for wireless or Home service? 

0 Likes