Hotspot on S21 and S7 drops connection multiple times an hour
Earthur311

I have no broadband internet access where I live and pay for 50GB data a month each on two phones.  This is mobile hotspot data.  I use an app on my laptop that monitors my internet connection and that reports connection drops lasting between several seconds to over a minute every day.  For example it reports today that my signal dropped 156 times in the last 24 hours.  The log shows me exactly what time it dropped and what time it picked up again.  It makes no difference which hotspot of the two phones that I am connected to.  I would like to know how to fix this. Here is a screenshot of the drops just this morning.

Earthur311_0-1663507192273.png

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Hotspot on S21 and S7 drops connection multiple times an hour
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Earthur311, having reliable service is key. To see that you're having issues is concerning. Just to ensure that we are understanding you correctly, you do not have any data/Internet usage on your hotspot due to the constant dropped signal? 

-Nicci

0 Likes
echobuster
Earthur311

Yes, that is correct.  It drops constantly, reconnects again anywhere from a few seconds later to over a minute later.  How about helping me with this?

0 Likes
Re: echobuster
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for the additional details, Earthur311. We want to ensure you can use your device without any issues, Let's continue to dig into this. When did this issue start? Does your device have the most up to date software in it? Aside from your report, do you have any other indicator that service is disconnecting? -Danielle

0 Likes