How can I tell if my phone has been hacked?
Mimirawr17

Some how my Samsung S5 got randomly linked to my Boyfriends S8+. Now my phone will randomly ask to be linked to his Google account or his phone will log into mine. My phone will send blank messages when I can clearly see the message on my end. The newest thing now is just lasy night at 3 in the morning while I was sleeping somehow my phone sent pictures to his via the the Hangout app. Not only was I sleeping and clearly not using my phone nor did anyone have access to it, the pictures where all old ones that I no longer have on my phone and I don't have my cloud turned on. I have ran virus checks on my phone and nothing has turned up. Is there a way to fix this?? HELP!!

0 Likes
Re: How can I tell if my phone has been hacked?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Wow. This is certainly some concerning behavior between your phone and your boyfriend's phone, Mimirawr17. I would be just as eager to get this resolved. 

Can you tell me when this started happening? Have you ever logged into your boyfriend's Google account from your phone? Or has he ever logged into your Google account from his phone? It could be that if either of those happened, one of you didn't log out successfully. I would start with opening the Browser, (of either or both phones), and go to Google. It will show who is signed in. If you're signed into the each other's account, you will be able to log out. Once you do that, restart your phones. 

You can also go to Settings> scroll down to Google> Sign-in & Security> Recently Used Devices. This will show if any other devices are currently linked to your Google account. 

Please let us know if this helps. 

VanessaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this.

0 Likes