How do I avoid syncing apps while upgrading?
jtpryan

I am upgrading to an S5 and would like to do so WITHOUT the apps I have installed on my S3 automatically syncing and installing.  I want to install them as I need them.  Is there a way to do that?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How to NOT sync apps on phone upgrade.
Tidbits
Legend

Just don't sign into your Google account when you turn on your device.

Once you go through the whole process go into settings, and looking for backup and restore.  Turn off restore, and then go and add your Google account through your account settings.  That's the best way to not install your apps.

View solution in original post

MikeyWade
Contributor - Level 3

Apps don't normally sync with the device unless you change the phone settings.  If you'd like you can use samsung smart switch.  It will bring over only the things you want.

0 Likes
jtpryan

That's good, maybe they changed it.  When I went from my Droid to my S3 2 years ago all the apps I had on the Droid showed up on the S3.  At the time I thought that was great, but know I would like to keep this phone pretty lean as I do most app related things on my Nexus 7.

Jim.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Just don't sign into your Google account when you turn on your device.

Once you go through the whole process go into settings, and looking for backup and restore.  Turn off restore, and then go and add your Google account through your account settings.  That's the best way to not install your apps.

B33
Legend

Like that Good Reply Tidbits. b

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

i changed from an s3 to an s5 & apps did not migrate from s3 to s5.

apps i wanted had to be re-installed & will update as needed, some will require your approval to update.

B33
Legend

Yup I've seen that..

0 Likes