How do I change the wall paper for my lock screen?
drock1015

I have had the Galaxy S4 for about 3 months now. When I got the phone I was easily able to change the wallpaper on my lock screen to a picture I downloaded from my previous phone. This morning I attempted to change it to a new photo. I took the following steps:

Opened my Gallery

Opened the picture I want for the lock screen

Hit the menu button

Selected Set As

Selected Lock Screen

Moved the box to the area I wanted

Hit Done

A note popped up on my screen that says setting wallpaper. However, when I go to my lock screen the picture I selected is not there. Instead it is a picture of some kid jumping with a bunch of balloons. I also cannot select the original photo that was on my lock screen. All that it is allowing me to do is change the wallpaper to one of the preloaded wallpapers. Am I missing something here?

0 Likes
Re: How do I change the wall paper for my lock screen?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Try Settings > My device > display > lock screen

See if you can change the lock screen wallpaper through a different route then you were using previously.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

I think you meant Settings > My device > Display > Wallpaper > Lock screen 

drock1015

Thanks for the suggestion. I tried it out and unfortunately the lock screen wallpaper is still that same stupid picture of a kid jumping with balloons.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

How odd.  I've changed my lock screen wallpaper using that method without any problems. 

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Thanks, tikibar1!

Darn split settings menu. Too many steps to remember before typing them down in browser app.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
drock1015

I just shot down my phone and powered it back up. I went in and changed the picture to the blue preloaded wallpaper. Then I followed my original path to select the photo I wanted and all of a sudden my lock screen is what I should be. I don't get it, but thanks for your help.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

If in doubt, reboot the phone!     Glad it's working again.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

No problem ... I'm at an advantage since I'm on my laptop and can double-check steps as I'm typing.