How do I clear my Voicemail notification after listening?
VIN_MAN05

I have a Samsung Galaxy S6.  When I receive a voicemail, I get the voicemail icon in the notification bar at the top of the screen which is good so I know I have one.  When I go in and listen to my voicemail and delete it, once I hang up the icon stays there and does not clear.  What can I do to get it to go away automatically after I have listened to my voicemail and cleared any messages?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Voicemail Activities doesn't clear after listening to voicemail
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

You can reset the voice mail indicator by accessing your voice mail inbox by calling *86 and entering your password. Once you're in, press the (*) star key to end that session. This will reset your voice mail message indicator.

For more information regarding your voice mail feature, click the link below:

http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/voice-mail-faqs/

NoahS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Are you using visual voicemail? Do you have an active 4g or 3G cellular connection on the phone?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
VIN_MAN05

No, I am not using visual voicemail.  4G

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

You can reset the voice mail indicator by accessing your voice mail inbox by calling *86 and entering your password. Once you're in, press the (*) star key to end that session. This will reset your voice mail message indicator.

For more information regarding your voice mail feature, click the link below:

http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/voice-mail-faqs/

NoahS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
mcelam

Listening to my voice mail, when there is a voice mail, will clear the indicator.. but then it comes back when there isn't a voice mail.. and then I haven't found anyway to clear it.  I can swipe it away for up to 2 hours but then it comes back.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

mcelam, you are experiencing a known Verizon issue with your voicemail incorrectly reporting it has unheard messages, or mailbox is full. Please reach out in a Private Message to Verizon Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter so that we can take care of this matter for you, okay? Also, you can always reach out to us via 800-922-0204 if you prefer the spoken word.

StephannieP_VZW

0 Likes
Re: How do I clear my Voicemail notification after listening?
clobertime

I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 9.  This problem started after the latest update to the phone from Verizon.

I have tried every single idea with nothing working at all.

I DO NOT use Visual Voicemail and use regular Voicemail or dial *86.  No matter what I do, Visual Voicemail states there is 1 new message but in reality there is NO new voicemail, aka the Phantom Notification.

Has anyone had a similar issue and if so, how did you clear it ?

Please do not respond wit hthe same "call the phone..."  it doesn;t work for me or "go into settings..." that also does not work.

again, this started with the latest Verizon Wireless update.

a fix ?

thanks

0 Likes
clobertime

OK, I FINALLY found a real solution.

It's the PHONE APP that caches this notification whiel the phone is running.

Try this:

1. Got to "Settings", "Apps"

2. Click the 3 dot menu on the top right corner and click "Show system apps".

3. Use the same menu to make sure the list is sorted by name and not by size.

4. Scroll down the list until you see the "Phone" app; in my case I had 2 instances.

5. Click on each one and select "Storage", "Clear data" until you find the one that clears the notification.

Apparently, older/different versions of the phone app are hidden as "system apps" and the notification is tied to one of them

This worked perfectly.  However, if you reboot the phone, the notification may come back, as it does in my case.

Repeating the steps again clears the notification.

I completely disabled "visual voicemail" to kill the potential conflict between regular voicemail and visual voicemail.

None of the other steps worked for me.

IF after rebooting, the notification comes back again, it's time to clear the Cache Partition.  Please only do so if you can follow steps correctly or are NOT afraid to accidently factory reset your phone.

How to Wipe the Phones cache partition

1. Turn off the device.
  2. Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby key, then press and hold the Power key.
  3. When the Android logo displays, release all three keys.
  4. An 'Installing system update' message will show for 30 - 60 seconds before the Android system recovery menu options appear.
  5. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition. Be  careful! The Factory Reset is the option just before this.  Verify you have selected "cache partition" before proceeding!
  6. Press Power key to select.
  7. Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Power key to select.
  8. When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
  9. Press the Power key to restart the device.

The notification SHOULD not show up again!

Cheers!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for sharing this valuable information with us. We are glad to learn that you found the solution for the Voice Mail issue, and it is working fine now. Please tell us, do you have additional questions or concerns?

MariaV_VZW

0 Likes