How do I copy pictures from my computer to my phone?
videograndpa
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have a galaxy S5.  I often want to put pictures into my phone that I have taken with my digital camera and downloaded to my computer.  I want to put them on my phone so that i can show them to people.  In which folder do I put them in my phone and then how do I view them?

Cliff

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: how to copy pictures from computer to phone
GalaxyClass
Master - Level 1

You can remove your SD card from your phone and insert it into your computer card reader to copy the photos over to a file you create like "personal photos". Your phone's photo folder will be listed DCIM, under camera. Also you can use Kies software and USB cable to direct transfers almost any file from your computer or phone. And at times I also like Bluetooth for transfers. But I most go direct with the USB cable and the Kies software program from Samsung.  link to software,    http://www.samsung.com/us/kies/  , have fun.   Smiley Happy

View solution in original post

0 Likes
GalaxyClass
Master - Level 1

You can remove your SD card from your phone and insert it into your computer card reader to copy the photos over to a file you create like "personal photos". Your phone's photo folder will be listed DCIM, under camera. Also you can use Kies software and USB cable to direct transfers almost any file from your computer or phone. And at times I also like Bluetooth for transfers. But I most go direct with the USB cable and the Kies software program from Samsung.  link to software,    http://www.samsung.com/us/kies/  , have fun.   Smiley Happy

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

In addition to what's posted above, this link also may be helpful:

Transfer Pictures Videos Samsung Galaxy S 5 | Verizon Wireless

videograndpa
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thank you. I copied a picture into my camera folder and it did show up in my “gallery” on my phone. I tried creating a sub-folder to camera and then copied a photo into the new folder. The phone ignored the folder but did display the picture. Is there any way I can control the sort method the phone uses? Now it is sorted by date taken?

Cliff

0 Likes
videograndpa
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thank you. I will try that software.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

You can sort by date, oldest first or latest first (use the Menu button in the upper right-hand corner with the Gallery app open).  These options are available when you see Time in the upper left-hand corner.

Tap the three bars in the upper left-hand corner next to Time and you can choose to view by Album.  Tapping the Menu button in the upper right-hand corner gives you more settings for that particular view.

The menu via the three bars in the upper left-hand corner also provides various filters.

0 Likes
videograndpa
Enthusiast - Level 3

How do I make an albaum?

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

With the Gallery app open, tap the three bars in the upper left-hand corner, then tap Album.  Tap the three dots in the upper right-hand corner and tap Create Album.  Name the new Album and tap Done.  Long-press the photos you want in the album and slide them to the box that says Drag Here.

0 Likes