How do I decline system updates?
pmullett

I do not wish to upgrade to Lollipop. How to prevent the update notification from reappearing on my phone?
If I go to my setting>updates I only have option to install the update, not the option to decline.

0 Likes
Re: How do I decline system updates?
bearone21
Legend

you can only delay it so long.

ShanaK
Contributor - Level 2

The update is being forced.

You will need to decline the install every day, it will ask you for a time.

If you set the time you need to make sure ((Every Day!!!)) that you decline the update and set a new time.

If you cancel on the time screen, every few seconds it will pop up for you to rinse and repeat.

0 Likes
GalaxyClass
Master - Level 1

Auto update notification will  continue to alert and display in the notification panel, simply tap and skip the software update.  Do not tap ON UPDATE unless you desire to install.  While not fully corrected there has been very slight improvement made in this second release of Lollipop 5.0. All user that installed 5.0 Lollipop update must wait for Lollipop version 5.1.0 update to regain more normal use of their phone . There has been NO official word or date given for a 5.1 update by Verizon, Samsung or Google.     

0 Likes
pinkzx14
Enthusiast - Level 1

Your comment is the first I have actually found that says anything about any "fixes" to the update.

0 Likes
bigtlittleodd
Enthusiast - Level 1

I will not install any more Verizon System updates since this made my previous smartphone unusable.  Phone began to shutdown during memory intensive functions like Google Navigator, web browsing and during phone calls.  Verizon refused to replace my phone with a newer model and I was forced to replace my smartphone. 

System updates should be voluntary and Verizon should either continue supporting phones that become useless after system updates or replace the phones with a newer functioning equivalent at their expense when updates render your phone useless.  If the updates are supposed to fix problems and fail what is my recourse?  Buy a new phone?!

Why can't Verizon add an opt out check box to the notification or have the ability to block system updates from the webpage?

I really am thinking that I pay too much for Verizon's service and will likely switch to another carrier as coverage where I live is pretty universal for all carriers in the DC Metro area.