How do I fix the camera?
DONNYG2
Enthusiast - Level 2

After my 7.0 update to Galaxy S7, the camera has no settings. And is shooting 352 x 480, which I can't change. When I tap on the camera settings icon gear, the app stops. And no settings appear. Is there a fix for this, or am I stuck with no camera until the next update?

I took it to a Verizon Wireless store, they couldn't fix it.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: 7.0 update ruins camera
DONNYG2
Enthusiast - Level 2

I did a factory reset, with the help of Twitter Verizon, and all is well now. Thank you for your response.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

DONNYG2, I understand the importance of being in control of how you want your pictures to be captured. Let's get this figured out. Are you having any other issues with your device other than the camera settings? I would like for you to reset the camera app. Here's a link with steps on how to reset apps http://vz.to/2blNvPd. CoreyM_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
DONNYG2
Enthusiast - Level 2

I did a factory reset, with the help of Twitter Verizon, and all is well now. Thank you for your response.

0 Likes
DONNYG2
Enthusiast - Level 2

Could I have done an app reset for the camera? Just curious....

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

DONNYG2,

There are so many things that can cause issues on device. It is possible that a reset of application could have fixed the issue, but there are no guarantees. We are glad your issue is fixed.

JenelleR_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
DONNYG2
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you JenelleR!

0 Likes