How do I get my screen to rotate?
catfish3955

My S5 stopped rotating the screen. I do have the rotation "on" in settings and I have factory reset the phone 4 times. I took it to a verizon store and they don't have an answer for me. When I was there, another person with the same phone was having the same problem. Is anybody eles having this problem?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: rotate does not work
MikeyWade
Contributor - Level 3

Yea, if you're restoring your apps exactly how they were you would get the same issue if an app is causing this to happen.  Boot the device in safe mode and test to see if it keeps happening.  To do so you're going to press and hold the power button, when you get the pop-up options, you're gonna long press the "power off" option and you will be prompted to restart the device in safe mode.  If your rotation works after that, it's a matter of finding out which app is causing it and remove it.  I always recommend bactracking and removing them in the reverse order you downloaded them.

View solution in original post

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

catfish3955, we don't want this to be an ongoing issue for you. Some 3rd party applications can affect the performance ofyour device. Are you redownloading the same 3rd party applications that you had before after hard resetting the phone?

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
MikeyWade
Contributor - Level 3

Yea, if you're restoring your apps exactly how they were you would get the same issue if an app is causing this to happen.  Boot the device in safe mode and test to see if it keeps happening.  To do so you're going to press and hold the power button, when you get the pop-up options, you're gonna long press the "power off" option and you will be prompted to restart the device in safe mode.  If your rotation works after that, it's a matter of finding out which app is causing it and remove it.  I always recommend bactracking and removing them in the reverse order you downloaded them.