Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
How do I get the Voicemail Icon on My Home Screen to Show I have a Voicemail?
kdisplays

I have my phone set up (almost) perfectly. One of my last issues is that there is a VoiceMail Icon on my Home Page (labeled Voicemail) but it doesn't indicate that I have new voice mails. My e-mail icon shows how many new e-mails I have and my Messaging icon shows how many new texts I have and my phone icon shows how many missed calls I have. These are numbers on the icon.  Nothing like that on the Voicemail icon. If I tap on Voicemail it shows how many new Voicemails I have but I would like to know that without a need to tap on the icon and move to another screen. Can that be set up?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: How do I get the Voicemail Icon on My Home Screen to Show I have a Voicemail?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Kdisplays, I can understand how important it is to be notified by voicemail. Here are the following steps to take to remedy the situation:

• From the home screen, select Apps (located in the lower-right).
  • From the APPS tab, select Settings.
  • From the DEVICE section, select Application manager.
  • From the All tab, select Voicemail.
  • Select Force stop.
  • Select OK.
  • From the STORAGE section, select Clear data.
  • Select OK.

Please test your voicemail again, after these steps. Also, please reach out to us if you have any other questions or concerns.^SP

0 Likes
Re: How do I get the Voicemail Icon on My Home Screen to Show I have a Voicemail?
kaymann

That reply has nothing to do with the question...

0 Likes
Ann154
Expert
Expert

@kaymann wrote:

That reply has nothing to do with the question...

Was it worth resurrecting an eight year old thread for your comment? 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
kh-taylarie

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes