How do I limit app updates to wi-fi only?
Trablyn
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am out of town and staying where there is little access to Wi-Fi, so automatic updates to my apps are eating up my data. Then when I have a strong signal, I can't get to updates. How can I limit updates to Wi-Fi only? GalaxyS5 on android 6.0.1

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Limiting app updates to wi-find only. GalaxyS5
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Open the Play Store app, tap the three lines in the upper right-hand corner, scroll down to Settings, tap Auto-Update Apps and change it to either do not auto-update or to only auto-update over wi-fi.

View solution in original post

tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Open the Play Store app, tap the three lines in the upper right-hand corner, scroll down to Settings, tap Auto-Update Apps and change it to either do not auto-update or to only auto-update over wi-fi.

Trablyn
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

You're welcome.

And I just realized there's a typo in my earlier post; the three lines are in the upper LEFT-hand corner.  

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Trablyn, we want to help you manage your data allowance. You can access Settings in Google Play to restrict your phone to only update applications when there is a Wi-Fi connection available.

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes