How do I move photos from verizon cloud to Gallery?
AWangle
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have a Samsung Galaxy 6 and my photos from my SG3 are stored on the verizon cloud.  I can download the photos to the sg6 from the cloud and they go into a folder named vault. I found them in the vault folder in device storage and can move them to the camera file in DCIM or to the picture file but anywhere I move them the will NOT show up in the gallery.  I want to use them from the camera gallery to post on facebook etc.  WHY can't I get those photos back into gallery?  Is it because they were taken by 2 different phones?  I even have made new albums in the DCIM folder and they won't show up in the gallery either, the folder nor the photos. 

If I get a text message with photos attached and download them they will not show up in the gallery either.  If I took a picture on my SG6 and text it in message then go back in and save it, it will go into the download folder.  If I then move the photo back into the DCIM camera or album file it will not show up in gallery.  Is Gallery a one way street?  How do I get photos into the camera roll in order to use them to post on facebook?  Or take them off the cloud to text it?  I am very frustrated!  Please help!

0 Likes
Re: How do I move photos from verizon cloud to Gallery?
Mike8972
Contributor - Level 1

You can transfer photos directly from old phone to new using the Samsung Smart Switch Mobile App.  Worked great for me. Try it!

0 Likes
AWangle
Enthusiast - Level 1

So, I did use Samsung Smart Switch Mobile app when I got my new Galaxy 6 - However, the photos I took on my galaxy 3 were already on the cloud so I didn't need to switch them over to the 6.  I just want to take the photos now off the cloud and open them in my gallery on samsung galaxy 6... so that app will not work for my example. Thanks for your help though.

0 Likes
AWangle
Enthusiast - Level 1

Anyone have a answer for this?  It may not be possible - I am fine with that at this point, I just won't use the cloud any longer...

0 Likes
Mike8972
Contributor - Level 1
0 Likes