How do I prevent location services from being turned off?
SonyaH81

Whenever the My Verizon app does its thing where it checks up on the status of the phone and shows me any issues that need to be taken care of, it turns off location services. Is there a way to keep it from doing that? It's really annoying to have to go back every single time and turn it on.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: How do I prevent location services from being turned off?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

SonyaH81, I can certainly understand how annoying it can be to constantly have to enable the location services on your device each time. No need to worry as I am here to help. To ensure that I have a clear understanding, what is the specific model of your Samsung device? What particular activity in your My Verizon application are you using that triggers the location services to disable? What steps are you taking within the application that may trigger this feature to disable?

KevinM_VZW

0 Likes
SonyaH81

I have a Samsung Galaxy S8. I don't do anything to trigger it, it happens when the app runs by itself and shows me that I need to clear out the cache on a list of apps. I know it turns off location services because I get an email from a family locater app that GPS has been turned off.

0 Likes
SonyaH81

"Device Health Check" is specifically what runs by itself and shuts off location services.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for sharing those details with me today about your Galaxy S8, SonyaH81. It is indeed strange that Device Health Check is automatically disabling your location services. I know that my Device Health Check runs, and just shows location services as a warning as it does use battery passively. When specifically did this issue first start happening? What happens when you check the Play Store for updates for the My Verizon App? (Play Store > Upper Left Menu > My Apps & Games)

JosephE_VZW

0 Likes