How do I remove a phone number from a contact file, because "edit" does not work?
DONHER90

I have contacts who have changes in their phone numbers.  How do I delete the old number?  "Edit" does not work!  Thank you

0 Likes
Re: How do I remove a phone number from a contact file, because "edit" does not work?
bearone21
Legend

are you eliminating the only number associated with the account?

0 Likes
Re: How do I remove a phone number from a contact file, because "edit" does not work?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

DONHER90,

It's important that you're able to update your contacts phone numbers. I can certainly help get this taken care of you. Have you ever been able to edit your contacts? What happens when you select "EDIT"? 

Juan_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
DONHER90

Thank you for your reply.

No, just the "old" number, with the "new" number and other home and/or fax numbers remaining in the contact profiel.

0 Likes
DONHER90

When I edit the contact profile, edit APPEARS to eliminate the number.  When checking the contact profile, though, ALL the numbers ever associated with the contact remain!!

I need to get the "old" numbers out of my phone!

Help!!

Thank you for your reply

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We understand the need to remove a number from your phone DONHER90. I'm sorry the edit feature isn't working but we are here to help. Do you have your contact saved in multiple files or apps? If so, this can cause those files if not being permanently deleted to remain on your phone when an automatic backup occurs. Is the software up to date on your phone? Do you have any apps that save your data and contacts? 

Kinquana_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Beetalker

I had the same problem. I had to create a separate account with the new number only and delete the old one completely. I had to do this on my phone and on My Cloud. I then went back and made sure the new contact names were correct.

0 Likes
suzi52820

0 Likes
kh-taylarie
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes