How do I replace my brand new Galaxy S7? Worst call reception I have ever had.
LSAU97
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have never used this tool before. I have been a Verizon customer for about 15 or 20 years, I don't even remember how long anymore, and I have never had such terrible phone call reception on any cell phone. I mainly use the phone for actual calls inside my home, but unfortunately I also have to use it for frequent travel to doctors' appointments for myself and my very young kids. After 3 weeks with this phone, and being unable to use it for phone calls in over 50% of my home, I finally figured out how to activate Wifi calling. HOWEVER, wifi calling won't help me if I have an emergency and I don't have access to Wifi for whatever reason. I refuse to accept that I am supposed to purchase a MINI-CELL TOWER "add-on" just to make phone calls inside my home. Yes, my home area has 1 bar, but I NEVER had problems with phone call reception with my previous Motorola phone, and I frankly wish I had paid the $100 insurance deductible to get that replaced, rather than having spent $600 on this piece of garbage that won't let me have a normal phone call on 2 of the 3 levels of my house. My husband is irate, because he picked this out for me, thinking he did something great and nice for me, and now we have no idea what our recourse would be to replace this phone, nor which phone would better serve my needs.

He tried 3 times to call me to ask how my son's first day of preschool was, and my reception was never good enough to be able to describe it to him until he got home, at which point we were both angry and not in the mood to celebrate that moment together anymore.

Can anyone help me? Can anyone recommend a better phone, or whether I can even dump this piece of garbage at this point, or is Verizon going to give me such horrible service that I am stuck? I am legitimately concerned for my safety, should I get lost or stranded in the wrong part of Baltimore when alone and sick with my kids.

Thank you.

Re: How do I replace my brand new Galaxy S7? Worst call reception I have ever had.
BlakeCary
Enthusiast - Level 3

Same, Ive had my phone less than a month and the rep today told me "Since your past your 14 day return window If you pay off 50% of your phone you can upgrade".... I wish I could have slapped him in his face with a comment like that... Im going to the Verizon store today to raise hell.

0 Likes
Re: How do I replace my brand new Galaxy S7? Worst call reception I have ever had.
Klue
Master - Level 1

Did you have this problem from day one, out of the box? 

Did you try to change the sim card for a new one?

Have you tried a factory data reset?

Is poor reception happening all over Baltimore or just around your home?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

LSAU97

Oh my! I’m glad that you have come to us for help. Your long time loyalty is greatly appreciated. I have 2 small children, so I can relate to needing a reliable phone. Let’s work at this together. This awesome new Galaxy S7 should definitely not be causing you this trouble at all. When you are at home or anywhere & talking on the phone, do you experience dropped calls or are you having audio trouble? Has this been an issue since the first day you had the phone? Do you have a case or cover on your phone?

AliciaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes