How do I retrieve a text message I lost?
singletk

I had two text messages disappear from a Galaxy S4 that had important contact information (which of course I didn't have backed up). I can estimate the date and time that the messages were sent fairly accurately. They were sent from my phone to my phone as I didn't have pen/paper at the time. Is there any way to recover them? I have no idea how they were deleted, but they're definitely gone. I have tried repeatedly to find an e-mail address for Verizon customer service without success.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Retrieving lost text messages
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'll help you find it singletk! Once you're signed into your account, if you hover over My Verizon at the top of the page, My Messaging will be one of the main links. Select Send a Message under that to show your Messages.

Also, what reason were you advised that the rebates were rejected? Were you given additional instructions or more info that was needed?

MarquiaF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Singletk,

I am very sorry to hear of your lost text messages. Were you using the stock message application app or were you using Verizon Messages. If you were using Verizon Messages here is how you can retrieve your messages http://vz.to/1fgm0Ne

RobinD_VZW
Verizon Wireless Support

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
singletk

I assume it was the stock message application. Is there any way to retrieve the message? I can come pretty close to specifying the day and time that the message was sent. I have no idea how I lost the messages ...

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

If the texts weren't backed up then no, you can't retrieve them.  There are several apps in the Play Store you could use from this point forward to back up your texts.

And VZW did away with an e-mail address for Customer Service early last year.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

singletk,

I appreciate the clarification; the messages may have been deleted due to a limit you have to store messages, a factory reset, among other factors. If the messages were not backed up to an application or on Verizon Messages, they cannot be retrieved; we do not have access to the content of your messages.

AdaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport

0 Likes
rebeccafrint

How do you retrieve lost text messages???  A verizon person lost my text messages on verizon messages.  She said she save them but when I went back in today, the other people could not find them.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

rebeccafrint, I'm sorry to hear that your messages had been deleted. For clarification, were the messages deleted from your mobile device? If a backup was not completed then I'm afraid they are indeed gone. If Verizon Messages successfully synced prior to the texts being lost it can synchronize up to 90 days of messages. Let's see if there is a possiblility that they can be retrieved. If you sign in to MyVerizon and select "My Messaging" and "Verizon Messages" what do you see? If you have those messages then we should be able to restore them by re-downloading the Verizon Messages app.

BrianP_VZW
Follow Us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
singletk

To give you an idea of how lost I am, I can't even find "My Messaging" when I log into MyVerizon. It's frustrating to know I've lost this one message as all other means to try and recover the info have been exhausted. It seems like if I had done something wrong (criminal), the authorities would be able to get it, yet I can't!Also, any chance you can help me with respect to rebates? I was supposed to get rebates on the four phones, but all were rejected. My husband spoke to someone before submitting the information and submitted what he had been told, but all were rejected with two problems each. One of them was for $150, so we really need the money. I've tried to call the phone number as directed, but have yet to get through and am very frustrated. Thanks in advance for any assistance you can provide.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'll help you find it singletk! Once you're signed into your account, if you hover over My Verizon at the top of the page, My Messaging will be one of the main links. Select Send a Message under that to show your Messages.

Also, what reason were you advised that the rebates were rejected? Were you given additional instructions or more info that was needed?

MarquiaF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
singletk

Thanks for the help. Unfortunately, the messages only go back to the end of January, so the missing text message is no where to be found. The phone was relatively new to me at the time ... still don't know how I managed to delete it, but very frustrated.For the rebates, the error messages are the same on all four:The Application ID (Appl. ID No.) was missing or illegible on the customer agreement that you submitted with your rebate request. Please refer to your Customer Agreement and contact us to confirm your Appl. ID No.Invalid Receipt: Valid receipt types for this offer are titled either Customer Agreement or Verizon Wireless Small Business Receipt.To resubmit this offer you must call the Resubmissions Dept. at the phone number below. This has been very frustrating ... my husband called prior to submitting everything to make sure all the info was correct. The phones were ordered through Costco online, and the only receipt we could find in our account is what he submitted. I had gone online to presubmit the rebates and printed out the forms. I had talked to Verizon previously and was told I was eligible for more rebates, but then they never sent the forms as promised. After a nightmare experience with our previous carrier, are experiences with Verizon haven't been much better. There was a delay in porting the numbers for some unknown reason which resulted in us being charged for a complete month of our previous carrier's service ... even though we weren't using their services at that time. It's apparently in the small print of the contract that if you have the service for one day, they charge you for the entire month. Sorry to ramble ... guess my frustration is showing ... Any help you can provide is very much appreciated.

0 Likes