How do I stop duplicate text messages from appearing on my device?
BuddyVerizon

How can I stop duplicate text messages from appearing on my Samsung Galaxy SIII?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Duplicate Text messages
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@BuddyVerizon,

Let's put a stop to those duplicate text messages! Are you receiving duplicate text for all the text message that you receive or does it only happen with certain people? How long has this been going on?

Try removing the battery and SIM card for a minute and retest. Also, delete old messaging thread. Keep us posted if this continues.

JohnB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@BuddyVerizon,

Let's put a stop to those duplicate text messages! Are you receiving duplicate text for all the text message that you receive or does it only happen with certain people? How long has this been going on?

Try removing the battery and SIM card for a minute and retest. Also, delete old messaging thread. Keep us posted if this continues.

JohnB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
lynic

I spent an hour and a half total with Verizon on this issue.   After the first hour of troubleshooting 11/27/2019 I was told the issue was resolved on my phone.  I asked for a ticket number in case I had future issues and was told they do not issue ticket numbers. Issue happened again on 11/29/2019. I asked them to  track specific  problem messages and times I received the same drill from their support team who wanted me to repeate the endless resets on my phone rather than looking at their issues.  I then insisted on a supervisor and asked them to track the specific duplicate message and time it was sent to my phone. He reported tower issues on my zip code. However the issue is still not resolved. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Messaging concerns are not what we want for you. To clarify, what make and model device do you have? What messaging app are you using?

CoreyM_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes