How do I stop messages plus from showing email addresses in the contact list?
RyanBaker500
Enthusiast - Level 2

I think there has been a new update to this app because I wasn't having this problem before.  I have my contacts set to display only my phone contacts (not any of my email addresses from google or microsoft exchange).  Now when I try and text someone in Message Plus and I type in a name it suggests a bunch of random email addresses from my other accounts. It used to only suggest the list of numbers from my phone's contact list.  How do I fix this? I only want to see numbers that I can text, not email addresses.  I have not changed any settings in my phone so I don't know why this started. Thanks!

Tags (2)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How to stop Message Plus from showing email addresses in contact list
Scottandtisha
Enthusiast - Level 2

Got an update this morning. Looks like they fixed it. Email addresses show up at the bottom of the list, after all the phone numbers.

Verizon, thanks for listening.

View solution in original post

Eellis
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same here!  Searched through all possible settings.  No luck.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry to hear this is an issue. It is designed to have email  addresses when searching for contacts.
JoeL_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
RyanBaker500
Enthusiast - Level 2

It wasn't like this before. We should be able to list only #'s since we are trying to text/message people. If I wanted to email people I would open the email application.  I understand that some people may like this feature but not everyone will and we should be able to turn it off.  I'm not even sure which account they email addresses are getting pulled from since I have several accounts.  The whole thing is very frustrating. 

RyanBaker500
Enthusiast - Level 2

Most 3rd party applications allow you to not list email addresses. 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

RyanBaker500,

I completely understand your concerns regarding unwanted emails showing in your contacts. With the new updated Message Plus application this is a standard feature. However, I will enter feedback to our development team for possible updates to this option.
JasperM_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Eellis
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm with Ryan.  This is a pretty significant annoyance since I'm not messaging to people's e-mail.  It takes away a convenience factor.  I don't think I'll stick with Message Plus if this is the way it's going to be. 

It pulled e-mail addresses from everywhere on my phone...Gmail and Contacts. 

If Message Plus draws from the  Contacts App, why can't it pull based on preferences to "show phone only" as opposed to "show all contacts"?  That would give people the option to set it both ways. 

Scottandtisha
Enthusiast - Level 2

This is a deal-breaker for me as well. I've enjoyed using Message+, but I'm not going to wade through all my email addresses every time I send a text. What a stupid update.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Eellis, we want you to have options. We do hear the current comments about this latest update and will forward this feedback. Thanks for taking the time to share this with us, so we can take note of it.
JoelR_VZW

0 Likes
tommy_b1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm going to point blank tell your developers and the messenger product owner that this is a HUGE FAIL - makes the app worthless, ignores the phone setting to show only the phone contacts, complete and utter FAIL from a business, usability, and over all domain understanding on the part of the Messenger + team. Uninstalled, won't be using, pity your people completely fail to understand the difference between email and texting...

I'd feel better if this was a bug and not a feature, because then at least it would look like your PM/PO know what they are doing and dev/qa jsut dropped the ball...knowing this was intentional is just plain worse...