Re: How to stop Message Plus from showing email addresses in contact list
RyanBaker500
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am glad I am not alone here. Thank you all for your comments!!

0 Likes
Scottandtisha
Enthusiast - Level 2

Glad you mentioned it ... It was a very unwelcome annoyance to me also! For now, I have migrated to Google Messenger. I'd be interested to know what you guys are using.

WhatIsTDCS
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yes, I too have changed BACK to Samsung's default messenger app after dealing with this email suggestion [removal required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service] for a day or two. Cmon Verizon, step up your game, this was a stupid decision.

Jdancer323
Enthusiast - Level 2

I literally just posted about the same thing. It has been driving me crazy. I'm hoping that they fix this because I love the app but I'm not willing to put up with this issue.

hafs
Enthusiast - Level 1

Trying to type in a contact's name to send a message takes about 15 times longer now because of this update. Terrible idea to not have the option to turn it off. Is there any way to downgrade a version until they fix this?

0 Likes
BiggyE

Glad I'm not the only that was having issues.  I've been trying for weeks to get rid of the emails from the contacts.  I guess I will either use the stock app or purchase something else.  Have been using this app for awhile now, what a shame they have ruined it.

0 Likes
Scottandtisha
Enthusiast - Level 2

Got an update this morning. Looks like they fixed it. Email addresses show up at the bottom of the list, after all the phone numbers.

Verizon, thanks for listening.

Scottandtisha
Enthusiast - Level 2

I do have one more recommendation. When I open the app, my cursor is in the address block, but the keyboard is minimized. I have to click down on the message box to bring up the keyboard and then click back up to the address block to type in the recipients. I wish the keyboard would be made active from the moment the app is opened.

SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Tapping in the address block OR the text block will bring up the keyboard - at least it does on my phone - I also get a list of recent contacts that I can tap to add in the TO: field...

0 Likes
Scottandtisha
Enthusiast - Level 2

When I open Verizon Messenger, the cursor is already in the address block and the keyboard is minimized. If I click in that box again, nothing happens. I have to click in the message box first and then go back and select the address block in order to have the keyboard visible. This is on a Samsung galaxy note 5.

0 Likes