Re: samsung s6 going into drive mode, how to disable
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are sorry to see that you are having difficulty with your device. With regard to this issue when did this start for you? Has there been any recent updates on your device prior to this occurring? JasperM_VZW

0 Likes
vredv

This happens everytime I plugin my headset.  IT automatically thinks I am in driving mode.  This has happened a long time, I have a new phone, its not an old phone, the phone has the latest updates, etc.  THe issue for me even with everything in drive mode turned off.  I get a messag on my main screen saying drive mode.  I think its interacting when ANY bluetooth device is attached.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Vredv,

I know this can become bothersome for the Drive Mode to constantly turn on when you are not driving. I want to help you with this situation. Let's try some troubleshooting steps in this matter. Please complete the following steps.

Proceed to Applications Manager, when prompted please Clear the Cache and Clear Data. From there, go to Force Stop in the Message + application.

VeronicaM_VZW

0 Likes
Lynniepies

I have tried all recommendations and it still randomly goes into driving mode.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Lynniepies

Yikes, that is not the experience we want for you. Have you attempted the step mentioned by

EdwardL_VZW

0 Likes
bgadams
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having the exact same issue as all others in this thread, except my phone is an S8.   I believe the problem started when I got a Samsung Galaxy Active II smart watch.  It only appears to happen when my watch is turned on.  So I'm thinking it may be related to the Bluetooth interaction between my watch and cell phone.

0 Likes
bgadams
Enthusiast - Level 1

As further info to my note above, I just uninstalled and then re-installed my Wearables ap for my Galaxy Active II smart watch.  The same thing happens. It appears there is a random, occasional connection between the two devices (not a text message) that kicks the phone into driving mode.

0 Likes