How do I stop the "System UI has stopped working" pop-up?
Qynn
Enthusiast - Level 1

Recently updated to Android v6, and now can't stop the "System UI has stopped working" pop-up. Tried forced stopping the System UI app, but that only solves the problem temporarily.

• Updating to v6.0.1 did not solve the problem.
  • Rebooting does not solve the problem.

I can perform one action or so between pop-ups.

1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Recent Update: "System UI has stopped working" pop-up
Qynn
Enthusiast - Level 1

After much trial and error, found an app that was causing the issue. I deleted apps that I'd recently been working in, or added. When I found one that wouldn't delete (it caused the package uninstaller to crash), I figured I'd found the culprit.

Booted into safe mode (using Power Button + Volume Down and selecting Safe Mode) and then deleted the application.So far, no System UI errors.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Qynn
Enthusiast - Level 1

After much trial and error, found an app that was causing the issue. I deleted apps that I'd recently been working in, or added. When I found one that wouldn't delete (it caused the package uninstaller to crash), I figured I'd found the culprit.

Booted into safe mode (using Power Button + Volume Down and selecting Safe Mode) and then deleted the application.So far, no System UI errors.

0 Likes
Pathopax
Enthusiast - Level 2

I factory reset and still have a System UI error. Removed all unnecessary factory apps. Still, same issue. Abrupt shutdowns continue. Phone has to stay plugged in at all times. 

MotoZ Force

0 Likes
Re: How do I stop the "System UI has stopped working" pop-up?
charlesdean2002

I have the Samsung J7 V and the popup is so fast I can not go inbetween popup to resolve the issue . Plus to know what app crashed . Any one else . Should I just give up and take my phone in to the Verizon store?

0 Likes