How do I transfer photos from my Galaxy 7 to my laptop?
JENTHRA

I am trying to transfer photos from my Samsung 7 to my laptop with a USB cable. My computer says that there is no data to send.  I can view them on my phone so I know that they are there.  How can I connect the phone and my computer to sent pictures from gallery.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Transferring photos from my Galaxy 7 to my laptop
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Once you connect the phone and computer with the USB cable, pull down the notification shade, tap where it says USB Charging, and change it to File Transfer.  The default USB mode with the Marshmallow OS is charge only.

View solution in original post

tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Once you connect the phone and computer with the USB cable, pull down the notification shade, tap where it says USB Charging, and change it to File Transfer.  The default USB mode with the Marshmallow OS is charge only.

bootleg1

Can not change the charge to transfer

0 Likes
deloused
Master - Level 3

Are you using the original usb cord that came with your device? (Some cords are made for charging only and don’t have data transfer capability)

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Pictures are worth a thousand words, so making sure I have a copy of my pictures is vital for me too. I am eager to help. tikibar1 is correct on the steps so in addition to, I have supplied a link which provides visuals of the steps: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-203777/ 

bootleg1, can you tell me more about what model computer you are using? What type of files are you attempting to move? What exactly occurs when you attempt to change the charge to transfer option?

AkaneM_VZW

0 Likes
Re: How do I transfer photos from my Galaxy 7 to my laptop?
mama23dogs
Legend

You can also Set your phone to back up to google photo.  Then you can access google photo on any device and see all your photos.  

0 Likes