How do I transfer saved voicemails to Computer?
No925r
Enthusiast - Level 2

I would like to know if there is a way to copy or download my saved voicemails (VMs) from my Samsung Galaxy III phone to my computer?  I have saved a few that are cute and would like to know if these are files that are stored somewhere on the phone that I can access and just copy from the device when it is plugged into my computer and can be read just like any other "drive" OR are they backed up in my Cloud somewhere that I can download them?  Any help would be appreciated.  Thank you Smiley Happy

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How To Capture Saved VMs to Computer?
Snn5
Legend

Basic VMs are not downloaded to the phone.  They stay on Verizon's servers until they expire or are deleted by you.  There are some services outy there, fee-based, that can save basic VMs, I am not familiar with them personally.  The easiest is Visual VM.  You can try Visual and opt out of Premium before the end of the trial or anytime after opting in.  Then you just have the free basic VVM.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Using your Visual Voicemail app, you can save any available VM to the phone, then plug into PC via USB and navigate to that VVM folder and copy the files to PC.

No925r
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for the reply but I don't have Visual Voice mail at this time.  Do you know of a way to accomplish this without using Visual VM?  Such as where these files hide on the cell phone so I can do the above w/o Visual VM?  Thank you. 

Snn5
Legend

Basic VMs are not downloaded to the phone.  They stay on Verizon's servers until they expire or are deleted by you.  There are some services outy there, fee-based, that can save basic VMs, I am not familiar with them personally.  The easiest is Visual VM.  You can try Visual and opt out of Premium before the end of the trial or anytime after opting in.  Then you just have the free basic VVM.

0 Likes
No925r
Enthusiast - Level 2

Ok thanks for the additional info.  I don't see a free trial on my phone just the opt in for a monthly fee.  But I guess that seems to be the only way to save down these files that I would like to save.  Do you happen to know where the directory is they will be saved in on your phone once the VVM app is downloaded onto your phone?

Thanks again  Smiley Happy  Appreciate the help.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

On my phone, an LG G2, they are in a folder named "VVM."

f691gf

Free and simple solutions:

1) Forward this message to someone that has Visual VM

2) call to your voicemail from a phone that records calls (or download a call recorder on ur phone) and have it saved to ur phone

0 Likes
Re: How do I transfer saved voicemails to Computer?
LandlinesAreTheFuture

To download your Verizon Visual Voicemails to your laptop and convert to mp3:

1. Open the Visual Voicemail app.

2. Select the message(s) you want to download.

3. Click the "Archive" icon on the bottom menu.

4. After your Visual Voicemails are downloaded to your phone (from Verizon's servers), Verizon deletes the messages from their servers (according to Verizon). 

5. Give Verizon a few minutes to make sure all your voicemails are downloaded to your phone, then plug your phone into your laptop. 

6. Locate the VisualVoiceMail folder.

7. Create a folder on your laptop and download your voicemails to your laptop. They are in .amr format.

8. If you want to, you can convert your .amr files to whatever format you'd like, such as .mp3, from a service like Cloud Convert https://cloudconvert.com/
Cloud Convert allows a limited amount of files to be converted per day. Register for a free account to increase the limit. Once you're logged in to Cloud Convert's website, click the "Select File" button - you can select multiple files at once. You can use the default settings, and "convert from" .amr "to" .mp3, then click the "Convert" button.

9. Create your greatest hits voicemails playlist and spend endless hours listening to messages from days gone by, while the present moment silently asks you to be here now; in other words, delete your voicemails and move on. Life waits for no messages.

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Great question!

We can help. What's the make/model of the phone you're looking to transfer voicemail messages from to your PC?

-Robert C.

0 Likes