How do I turn off/disable visual voicemail?
Justneedanswers
Enthusiast - Level 2

After latest update prompts for activating Visual Voice mail are extremely annoying.  can't turn off, can't deselect notifications, at 6:00 am every day when my blocking is removed so I can receive calls from my office if I get one here's the notification from Verizon that I need to sign up or activate my Visual Voice mail.  I DON"T WANT THIS!!!!!

Re: How do I turn off/disable visual voicemail?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Sorry about all the annoyance, Justneedanswers. We want to have you enjoy your phone's new update. Please log into My Verizon http://bit.ly/xB4iTc to ensure your voicemail is still set to be the non-visual voice mail option. Once that's confirmed, please Force Stop/Clear Data on the Voicemail application http://vz.to/1uDNTd9, power off the device, power the device back on, and then re-test using only the option for Basic VVM if asked. That should take care of those pesky notifications.

JenniferH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

0 Likes
GalaxyClass
Master - Level 1

Jennifer_ VZW,

Will this wipe-clean all my *86 Basic voice mail settings, password, my greeting??? Will  I need to perform a complete re-setup of my VM account?  A  number of us on the forum just want Basic voice mail only, after all we should be able to control our own phones not the other way around.

Justneedanswers
Enthusiast - Level 2

I don't think you get it.  I do not want to use in any way, shape or form any type of Visual Voice mail; Period!.  Either push a patch that allows the user to disable the feature, stop the script that initiates the notification to try and force VVM, or allow those who want to, to replace the kernel with legally obtained ROMs without voiding the warrantee.  Choose.

Justneedanswers
Enthusiast - Level 2

QUESTION HAS NOT BEEN ANSWERED!