How do I turn off this peel smart remote app?
Alabamatoy
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am sick of the ads, the alert notifications on the main screen and the pulldown, how do I get rid of this irritating app!  Why does Verzion insist on adding [removed] like this app that I cannot remove?  TURN IT OFF!!!!

Profanity removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator.

0 Likes
Re: How do I turn off this peel smart remote app?
Netflyer165
Enthusiast - Level 1

I fixed mine by going to the apps and just dragging the peel remove app icon into the trash can... it said, 'Turn Off' and I chose Yes, then 'do you want to revert to factory settings' and I said yes... that fixed it.. it went away and no more pop ups thank GOODNESS!!  Was annoying and I wasn't asked if I wanted it installed.

Good luck!

BARNOVCO

This doesn't work.

Just like trying to uninstall it a Peel Remote dialog box asks 'do you want to replace app with the factory version'? The choices are cancel or OK. Selecting OK results in an 'uninstalling' message and then it fails saying that the peel remote has stopped.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

BARNOVCO

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We know the importance of being able to modify the applications on your phone as you see fit. We will be more than happy to assist you. Now, some apps installed by the developers can not be removed complexly, however we may have the option to disable them so they are no longer active. What is the exact make and model of the phone you have?

EdwardL_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
JCTDCT

I have a Samsung Galaxy S6 with the same issue.  I'm pretty sure I've disabled the Peel app previously, but just last week it started popping up again. I have automatic updates globally enabled (I got tired of manually updating everything) and I think that when Peel was last updated, it started placing adds and the remote overlay on my phone.  The popup ads were annoying enough, but the horrible remote overlay obscured the bottom of my screen and I wasn't able to access any of the icons underneath it.  Peel is again disabled, but I want a way to permanently remove it. 

Not sure if Peel is installed by Samsung or Verizon, but considering a change away from either as this is super annoying!

0 Likes
kathy65793
Master - Level 1

I have that on my S5 too. What I did was go into the app go to storage and clear the data first then hit disable it said about replacing it with factory version said yes then I never heard form it again

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I can absolutely understand how much of a nuisance this could be, JCTDCT, and I want to do everything possible to help. Actually, Kathy65793 hit the nail right on the head. If you go to the application manager, uninstall updates, clear cache/data, then disable it, it ensures that the app is back to its original factory settings, then disables it. Please try this and let us know if that helps.

LeoL_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes