Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, get the incredible iPhone 13 Pro on us. Online only. With select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 12.5. Buy now
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: Early next week, we’ll be merging the current Fios and Wireless Communities into the all new Verizon Community! Beginning the evening of Sunday 12/4, both Communities will be placed in read-only mode. You’ll still be able to visit the Communities and browse content, but login will be disabled. On the afternoon of Monday 12/5, all users will be able to log into the new Verizon Community. We expect the new Community to be fully functional the morning of Friday 12/9. Additional details can be found in the Announcements board and under Featured Topics!
How do I update outdated contacts from verizon cloud?
Jamie913

I just got a new Galaxy s8 and my contacts were copied over from the verizon cloud. I see in my messages that some numbers were not synced to the cloud so the numbers being shown are off. When I add the new number to the contact, it sows not allow me to delete the old one. It says you cannot delete contacts from read-only accounts, but you can hide them from contacts. This is very frustrating and i never had this issue on my own phone. When it asks me which number I want to txt, I have to go back and figure out which one is right. There has to be a simple way to clock update contact with the new information and delete the old. Also, I want this new information to go to the cloud.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: How do I update outdated contacts from verizon cloud?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

I can absolutely understand how important it is to have up to date contacts in your cloud. Are you trying to sign in and edit them from your phone, or from a browser on your computer? If possible, can you try to use a computer to edit them?

0 Likes
Re: How do I update outdated contacts from verizon cloud?
Elements

Are you sure its Cloud contacts that you're unable to edit/delete, and not Google contacts? I only ask because as far as I know, that read-only error happens with Google contacts, not Cloud contacts, though I could be mistaken. Either way, the solution should be to log into your Verizon Cloud or Google account from a computer, and edit/delete the contacts there.

0 Likes