How do I use the software repair assistant?
marksas

im trying to use this program  ,Software Repair Assistant.

so...I have my Samsung galaxy s5 phone attached to my lap top computer.

now what?  where is this program ,I cant find it , your tutorial dose not say where to find it.

this link:

http://www.verizonwireless.com/dam/support/pdf/system_update/galaxys4-srt-06-02-14.pdf

thank you!!!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Software Repair Assistant
wfcosogrande
Enthusiast - Level 2
wfcosogrande
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have it installed but get an error indicating that Firmware cannot be upgraded on my device.  When I attempt to use the repair assistance, the Verzon software just freezes and does not respond when trying to connect to device.

0 Likes
marksas

installed from where ,the app store,on your laptop ?

0 Likes
wfcosogrande
Enthusiast - Level 2
wfcosogrande
Enthusiast - Level 2

The software is actually on the device.  When you connect, you install from the device

0 Likes
marksas

how do you access the software?  I have my phone hooked to the computer  ,now what?

0 Likes
marksas

thanks but still have a problem

From the AutoPlay pop up window, click Run VZW_Software_upgrade_assistant_installer.

Note If the AutoPlay pop up window is not available, open Windows Explorer then click CD Drive: Verizon Mobile.

I get no pop up ,and when I go to internet explorer,i find no CD Drive: Verizon Mobile

0 Likes
wfcosogrande
Enthusiast - Level 2

When I plug in the phone, the autoplay pops up (I'm on Windows 8.1), I select Run VZW_Software_upgrade_assistant_installer. from autoplay window and follow the prompts from there

0 Likes
marksas

thanks I found it,i was using a usb 2.0 cable instead of a 3.0...

thanks again

0 Likes