How do i get this Oreo garbage off my S7 phone
BMDragon
Enthusiast - Level 2

I used to brag to my iPhone friends how great my Samsung S7 was. I could do twice as much as they could and get better reception. After the Oreo update I am thinking of using my phone as a hockey puck.

I own an automation company, I am not a 12 year old girl that wants to put bunny ears on a picture that she just took. I paid $700 for this phone I shouldn't have something called stickers on my camera interface.

also I have to press twice the number of buttons to get anything done. I also spent about 10 hours turning off a bunch of stuff like little rabbits next to my text messages.

Outlook used to update immediately when I checked a message on my main computer, now it takes several hours. I can list about 100 things that got changed that are for the worst

So far dealing with all the issues with Oreo has cost me more money in time trying to fix stuff than the phone cost itself.

its like I have an iPhone now, I want to roll back the OS to where my phone actually worked for business.

I am one unhappy customer

Brad

Content modified as required by Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

0 Likes
Re: How do i get this Oreo garbage off my S7 phone
bearone21
Legend

if purchased when available, you paid $700 for it 2 years ago!!

you can't rollback!!

0 Likes
BMDragon
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes and my phone worked great until two months ago. Then I got the Oreo update.

So do you have a solution or you just posting to be annoying?

bearone21
Legend

i answered your question, unfortunate that you didn't like the answer!!

you can't rollback!! then there's that too!!!

0 Likes
dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

Once updated...a phone cannot revert to an older version of the OS. Undesired apps can be either disabled or deleted.

I haven't sent pictures from my Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge for quite a while (well before the Oreo update), so, I can't comment on the stickers.

0 Likes
BMDragon
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks Dexman, that was a very adult reply and explanation. And you didn’t even use one exclamation mark. Some people should get off the mountain dew and drink more beer.

Stickers is something on the camera interface. Right above the take picture and record buttons. Unfortunately there is no way to turn it off along with about 100 other new features that make using the phone a pain.

On another thread they said to factory reset the phone, but I am not having issues with the OS it just puts a bunch of spam all over my phone of things I would never use and just gets in the way.

If I do factory reset the phone is there a way to stay with 7.3? or will it just reupdate to Oreo?

Thanks for your help

Brad

0 Likes
dexman
Community Leader
Community Leader

The factory default would just reload Oreo.

I think that emojis and functions that allow manipulation of photos (add bunny ears) will be a feature of smartphones going forward. I'm not sure if the next generation of mobile devices will minimize such add-ons though.

0 Likes
BMDragon
Enthusiast - Level 2

Ya I kind of thought so about reloading oreo, I use this phone for my business.

Every minute I am messing around with the phone because of an update is really costing me money. It used to do exactly what I needed, now there is bunny pictures next to my text messages with my customers. Each one of these things takes me 30 minutes to figure out how to turn it off.

The defaults are for a 12 year old, not for a business owner

Maybe I should get one of those AARP phones, those should be pretty basic right? Lol

thanks

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

i told you the same thing dexman explained about rolling back & the answer is the same with or without exclamation points.

perhaps you should consider a newer phone, adding the latest/great update isn't always the best for an old phone!!

you can put lipstick on a pig to dress it up but it's still a pig.

0 Likes
BMDragon
Enthusiast - Level 2

Bearcub, honestly because of your arrogant post I really wanted to smack you down, then I just ignored you. But since you posted again, would you mind if I offered you a little advice from someone that not only owns a robotics company but also was an online guild leader with over 150 high end raiders.

People are not going to take you seriously if you talk down to them. They are just looking for answers and helping someone solve an issue is much more rewarding than being what you have been on this post. You seem to know what you are talking about but want to punish those asking the question.

I am taking the time to tell you this not to be condescending but to be helpful, take it as you will. You are going to find that the attitude in your post with the !!! and the degrading talk is not going to get you very far in life. You don’t get anywhere without making connections with other people, sometimes it starts with just one helpful suggestion and turns into a business relationship or better yet a friend

A good first book to read is How to win Friends and Influence People by David Carnegie. You have knowledge, you knew my phone was $700 two years ago, I am just finishing my payments on it. But how you said it sounded like a know it all teenager, and trust me the older you get you learn how little you actually know

Good luck, you are smart and am just trying to help you be influential

Brad

0 Likes