How do i get voicemail notifications on my S8?
CHEVYCHICK713
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have all my voicemail settings enabled, yet I still don't get a notification when I receive a voicemail on my Galaxy S8. Has anyone else had this problem?

0 Likes
Re: How do i get voicemail notifications on my S8?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let's make sure your voicemail messages come up as needed. With regard to your messages how do you access your voicemail? Are you using the visual voicemail feature or using the standard voicemail icon on your phone?

JasperM_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

CHEVYCHICK713,

Help is here! I would be lost if I weren’t receiving my voicemail notifications, so let’s figure out what’s going on with your notifications. When did this start to happen? (A few days ago? A few weeks ago?) Can you please let me know how you access your voicemail? (Through the voicemail app? Or by dialing *86?) Have you had any recent changes to your device?

AliciaS_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
CHEVYCHICK713
Enthusiast - Level 2

JasperM_VZW I access my voicemail by using *86.

AliciaS_VZW It happened the day I got my new phone and turned it on, which was July.  I use *86 to get my voicemail.  There have been no changes to my device.

CHEVYCHICK713
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have had this problem since I turned on my phone for the first time, which was July.  I use *86 to access my voicemail.  No changes to the device.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

CHEVYCHICK713-

I am confident this is something we can fix. So that I can gain access to your account, I have sent you a private message. Please repsond to me there so we can work together.

EricaC_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
THEFEE9
Enthusiast - Level 1

It took me hours and Verizon Tech Support was no help, but here's the fix;

1) Go to myverizon.com

2) Go to, "my plans and services"

3) Go to, "Blocks"

4) Select your phone and click, "block services"

5) Turn ON blocking for, "Visual Voice Mail"

6) Close out, wait a minute and restart your phone.

7) Send a test message, you should now see a voicemail icon on the header bar.

Problem solved, thanks for making this a pain in the [removed] Verizon!! Hope this helps future unlocked Galaxy S8 buyers!

Profanity removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service​.

Message edited by Verizon Moderator.

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

If Samsung is smart, they would incorporate the visual voicemail into the dialer application like Google did with their Pixel phones.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
ccampagna

Did anyone get a fix for this?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ccampagna,

Being aware of new voicemail messages is definitely important. If your line is subscribed to visual voicemail, the app must be set up and your device connected to mobile data in order for you to receive voicemail notifications. Are you using the voicemail app on your phone or dialing *86 to access your voicemail?

ShawnteJ_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes