How do return my keyboard to its default settings?
debwillard

all of a sudden my keyboard is smaller and floats on top of the comment or post I''m trying to make. I like the old pop-up at the bottom of the screen that doesn't cover up the text I'm typing.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: how do I recover old input keyboard settings
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi there debdubya,

I know how inconvenient that smaller, floating keyboard must be! Rest assured, it is easy to restore the standard keyboard. If you open up the keyboard in messages, on the bottom left there should be a symbol. On most it is a microphone, but sometimes it can be a smiley face as a shortcut to emoticons. It's in between the "Sym" button and the Comma button. If you press and hold this button, it will pop up and give you the options of microphone, clipboard, emoticons, keyboard (looks like a floating keyboard) and settings (Looks like a gear). We want to press the keyboard button. This will alternate it back to the standard keyboard for you. We are always here to help, please keep us posted.

LeoL_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: how do I recover old input keyboard settings
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi there debdubya,

I know how inconvenient that smaller, floating keyboard must be! Rest assured, it is easy to restore the standard keyboard. If you open up the keyboard in messages, on the bottom left there should be a symbol. On most it is a microphone, but sometimes it can be a smiley face as a shortcut to emoticons. It's in between the "Sym" button and the Comma button. If you press and hold this button, it will pop up and give you the options of microphone, clipboard, emoticons, keyboard (looks like a floating keyboard) and settings (Looks like a gear). We want to press the keyboard button. This will alternate it back to the standard keyboard for you. We are always here to help, please keep us posted.

LeoL_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: this doesnt work. how do I recover old input keyboard settings
Kobrien50

0 Likes
Re: this doesnt work. how do I recover old input keyboard settings
KH-Michael
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes