How do you get new voicemails first?
Chem70

@How can I bypass the old voicemails and get the new ones first.  I could do that on my office smartphones but my personal one starts with the old messages first.  Verizon techs say that is the way the system is set up.  I do not think that is the case but an attempt to get me to buy the visual voicemail system.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How do you get new voicemails first?
Kooshie
Contributor - Level 2

I can't really answer your question about the stock voicemail, however, I can tell you a free visual voicemail that work well.  I use Google Voice for my voicemail.  It definitely lets you choose the order in which you can listen to your voicemails.  It will also give the transcript of your voicemail message (not always very accurate).  The Verizon VVM does not do that.  I tried the VVM for about 5 minutes before I switched to the Google Voice app.  You simple download the app on your device and follow the instructions for set up.  You do need to choose a phone number and forward your unanswered calls.  If you choose to go with Google you will also have the ability too leave personal messages for your contacts, it will also allow you to screen your call if you give people your Google number instead of your regular cell number.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: How do you get new voicemails first?
Kooshie
Contributor - Level 2

I can't really answer your question about the stock voicemail, however, I can tell you a free visual voicemail that work well.  I use Google Voice for my voicemail.  It definitely lets you choose the order in which you can listen to your voicemails.  It will also give the transcript of your voicemail message (not always very accurate).  The Verizon VVM does not do that.  I tried the VVM for about 5 minutes before I switched to the Google Voice app.  You simple download the app on your device and follow the instructions for set up.  You do need to choose a phone number and forward your unanswered calls.  If you choose to go with Google you will also have the ability too leave personal messages for your contacts, it will also allow you to screen your call if you give people your Google number instead of your regular cell number.

0 Likes