How do you turn OFF Real Time Texting
Wolfform
Enthusiast - Level 2

I understand that this is designed for Hard of Hearing folks and that is great. My own mother has rather severe hearing loss. you don't offer an easy to find way to turn off yet ANOTHER unwanted change to the way I make calls?

Criminy, It's a great addition for those who want/need it but what about those that don't want/need it? 

How do you turn this addon off?! If I'm calling someone WHY would I want to text them at the same time?! (Unless they fell into the above category, of course)

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: How do you turn OFF Real Time Texting
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Good day, Wolfform. As a consumer, I sincerely understand your concerns and your desire to turn off the RTT feature on your phone. You can turn this feature off if you follow the instructions below. 

1. Open the Phone app.
  2. Tap More, then Settings.
  3. Tap Accessibility.
  4. If you see Real-time text (RTT), turn OFF the switch.

You can learn more about this feature at this link (https://support.google.com/accessibility/android/answer/9042284). Is this information helpful?

-Antonio

0 Likes
Wolfform
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for getting back to me.

There is no 'More' option in the phone app, there is no 'off' button in the RTT settings(once I frogged around and found it through a phone search). There are only the options to have it be on all the time or only be on during calls.

I have a Samsung Galaxy S10+.

Also, the link had nothing about turning it off just how to operate it...

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Have you attempted to reach out to Samsung? -Joel

0 Likes
Wolfform
Enthusiast - Level 2

Verizon, yes, Samsung no. That's a good idea, I'll give that a try!

0 Likes