Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15 Plus. Newphoria. Get it on us with select Unlimited plans. New line req'd. No trade-in req'd. Online only. Ends 3.31. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 5,325 Members online 268K Discussions 44K Solutions
How get rid of ads after call on Galaxy S7
Brieaddy

New ads showing up after terminating call on Galaxy S7 after most recent update. Want to block them.

Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: How get rid of ads after call on Galaxy S7
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

It means that you have installed an app that is pushing ads to your phone. You need to look at the installed applications and start removing some.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, Brieaddy. Let's start by looking into the source of the ads. Please follow these steps to put your phone in Safe Mode, and try making a couple calls: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-203892/ . This will rule out any 3rd party apps causing the problem.

0 Likes
Brieaddy

Used safe mode and ads did not show up after call. Now what?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

It means that you have installed an app that is pushing ads to your phone. You need to look at the installed applications and start removing some.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

Brieaddy

Killed a bunch of apps I didn't really need and the ads went away. Thanks for the help!

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Killing an application doesn't remove it from the phone.

Brieaddy

By kill K meant uninstall. Sufficient?

0 Likes