Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
iPhone 15 Plus. Newphoria. Get it on us with select Unlimited plans. New line req'd. No trade-in req'd. Online only. Ends 3.31. Buy  |  Details.
end of navigation menu
3.2M Members 4,657 Members online 268K Discussions 44K Solutions
Re: How reliable is Verizon in sending out security updates.
kathy65793
Master - Level 1

This is on the S7 Edge. Sorry I meant to put that in my response.

SAKLR1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Not good at all. Here we are on the April security patch and I'm still on the Feb 1 patch. After just switching from iPhone and the in store rep telling me not to worry I'd get the updates every month I'm a little more than upset to find out it was a lie. We are evaluating other carriers as we speak.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I certainly understand the importance of receiving the latest security updates for your phone, CLAPAR21. Please know that we do our best to release the latest security updates to our customers as soon as possible. The latest version available is R16NW.G965USQU1ARBG and that was released on March 10, 2018.
You can always visit the website below to stay on top of the latest software updates:
https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/samsung-galaxy-s9-plus-update/
I hope this helps.

GregL_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
TheS1R
Contributor - Level 2

Unfortunately, it is now a month later, and there has been more than enough time in order to incorporate the 1 March 2018 security patches.

SAKLR1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Exactly. We are now two full security updates behind. Unacceptable.

teeshot
Contributor - Level 1

This is not a CORRECT answer to my question Verizon.  Looking at the page you referred me to only supports the fact that Verizon is unreliable in furnishing updates to Samsung phones on your network.  The page shows that the latest security update furnished is Feb 1st.  March 1st and April 1st are not being made available by Verizon.  This was the point my original question was all about.

TheS1R
Contributor - Level 2

Please take a look at Samsung's Android Security Update page (https://security.samsungmobile.com/workScope.smsb). It shows February 2018, March 2018, and April 2018 updates available for current models including the Galaxy S9 and S9+:

Introduction to Samsung Android Security Updates

At Samsung, we take security and privacy issues very seriously and we are doing our best to respond as quickly as possible.

Securing your device and maintaining the trust you place in us is our top priority.

Samsung releases monthly and quarterly security updates on selected Samsung devices listed below.

Monthly and quarterly security updates will include patches for Android OS related security issues released by Google, as well as, patches for Samsung-specific security issues.

teeshot
Contributor - Level 1

More support showing Verizon is failing it's customers.  Waiting for Verizon's answer to this, which I expect not to see.................

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

CLAPAR21, It is a good idea to ensure your phone is secure and updated with the patches. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We would never want you to feel this way, CLAPAR21. Our goal is to make sure all software updates are made available to you. As soon as Samsung sends us the updates, we release them. There is no specific time or date as to when we receive them. We know how crucial getting the security updates are you to you. Does this clarify things for you?

DiaS_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes