How to answer call waiting
lkelly
Enthusiast - Level 2

How does call waiting on Galaxy S7 work?  I was on a lengthy call during a time I was expecting a call from someone else.  I heard a faint beep but saw no notification on my screen that there was a call coming in.  How does it work?  What would the screen look like if I have a call coming in while already engaged in a phone conversation?  What steps are involved?

Also, how would I merge all three of us into one call or conversation?

I've just never had need for this before!

Thanks in advance,

Lisa

Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: How to answer call waiting
bearone21
Legend

tap the send button, then tap send to go back to previous call!!

0 Likes
lkelly
Enthusiast - Level 2

That's great but I still need to know if something appears on my screen when the second person calls me.  When I got the beeps today, there was no indication on my screen that I had a second call that needed answering.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I depend on my phone not to miss a call. To clarify, when you pull your face away from the screen is it black or do you still see the ongoing call? Click here for a tutorial on using Call Waiting on your Galaxy S7.http://spr.ly/6586DmCSr

Alberto_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
lkelly
Enthusiast - Level 2

When I took the phone away from my ear, it was just the usual home screen.

Now looking back at past calls, I don't see a call from that person's number.  Wouldn't a call-waiting call show in that list?

Does the phone beep when a text comes in while on a call?  Maybe that was it...

Thanks for helping!

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

you'll just get the beeps, no info of who's calling & been that way back to droid x days in 2010!!

it should show in the call log if you answer!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

lkelly, it's my pleasure to assist. A missed call would show up in your missed call log. You would also hear a beep when a text message arrives during a call. Does this provide clarity?

Tracy_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes