Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
How to answer call waiting
lkelly

How does call waiting on Galaxy S7 work?  I was on a lengthy call during a time I was expecting a call from someone else.  I heard a faint beep but saw no notification on my screen that there was a call coming in.  How does it work?  What would the screen look like if I have a call coming in while already engaged in a phone conversation?  What steps are involved?

Also, how would I merge all three of us into one call or conversation?

I've just never had need for this before!

Thanks in advance,

Lisa

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: How to answer call waiting
bearone21
Leader

tap the send button, then tap send to go back to previous call!!

0 Likes
lkelly

That's great but I still need to know if something appears on my screen when the second person calls me.  When I got the beeps today, there was no indication on my screen that I had a second call that needed answering.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

I depend on my phone not to miss a call. To clarify, when you pull your face away from the screen is it black or do you still see the ongoing call? Click here for a tutorial on using Call Waiting on your Galaxy S7.http://spr.ly/6586DmCSr

Alberto_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
lkelly

When I took the phone away from my ear, it was just the usual home screen.

Now looking back at past calls, I don't see a call from that person's number.  Wouldn't a call-waiting call show in that list?

Does the phone beep when a text comes in while on a call?  Maybe that was it...

Thanks for helping!

0 Likes
bearone21
Leader

you'll just get the beeps, no info of who's calling & been that way back to droid x days in 2010!!

it should show in the call log if you answer!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

lkelly, it's my pleasure to assist. A missed call would show up in your missed call log. You would also hear a beep when a text message arrives during a call. Does this provide clarity?

Tracy_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes